EnviroCoolers - Mounting and Power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The Hurricane Creek thread has me dialed into the EnviroCoolers.

I will stop and get one this week.

Who in the Raleigh area can assist with wiring and mounting? Or recommended threads to read and how did you mount your fridge?

This 04 truck has dual batteries and should be able to keep the fridge on constantly if needed.

Thank you,

uzj100

C'mon andrew, you can handle wiring a cigarette lighter in the back for your fridge :flipoff2:

How to mount a fridge

Mine was strapped down by the handles with a simple ratchet strap - and plugged into the lighter.

Mine was strapped down by the handles with a simple ratchet strap - and plugged into the lighter.
doing the same thing currently.

I ran 12V down the DS of the 80 and installed this power center right below the sticker in front of the jack access panel.

12V.jpg

IMG_2035.JPG

IMG_2039.JPG

I think the 100 has the cig lighter ripped out, that is why i was asking and I wanted constant power.

Eric - that is what I am looking for. Do I need a fuse block?

I think the 100 has the cig lighter ripped out, that is why i was asking and I wanted constant power.

Eric - that is what I am looking for. Do I need a fuse block?
I tend to fuse anything running direct power.

I used this one from when i got the stuff to wire in my light bars.

fuse.jpg

I tend to fuse anything running direct power.

Fuse all the things!

Make sure you fuse as close as you can to the source (which is the battery).

One thing to know about the Envirocooler is that it does cool down pretty fast...usually 30 minutes or less. We have been getting by with using it in the switched power port in the back of the LX470. By the time we get to where we are going it is usually cool. However, if it sits for a while in a locked car in the sun with no power the temp goes up some. The unit is equipped with a really annoying beeping alarm to let you know that the temp has risen above the target range. Once it cools back off, the annoyance goes away. It usually takes 5-10 minutes for us but I'm sure it depends on how hot the unit actually got. For me, running a non-switched circuit is worth the trouble if for no other reason than to cut down on the beeping.

One last thing: If you lock the unit in the back of your rig in a parking lot with the windows up on a 90+ degree day, even plugged in on constant power, it will get hotter than 6C and you'll come back to your truck with the unit alarm beeping. Just letting everyone know, they are not perfect but for what I paid, I'm not complaining.

@uzj100 - - I can gladly help - got a ton of electrical stuff left over from my work like crimpers, etc. I actually need to run my 10 gauge line to my console inside the cab still, myself. Just waiting for cooler weather and a long weekend, like this coming one :)

Austin, Rice, Stan, Johnny, Sean, Andrew (@Cruiserdrew ) and a lot of folks have helped me do this stuff on my dual battery build.

Would be great to "get away with" 10 AWG system for 40Amp vs having to go to 8 or bigger, depending on what all you are doing back there besides the fridge. Don't go too small, though :)

Here is some stuff to help - although you may not need all of it. From battery back:

This:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001QRTZR...40B76XJXTHCMNTGX1&ie=UTF8&qid=1504048672&sr=1

Plus This:

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Sys...49683&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=mrbf+fuse+block

Plus This:

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Systems-MRBF-Terminal/dp/B0016HTXAY/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1504049170&sr=1-1&keywords=mrbf+fuse&th=1

or this:

Del City - Item #: 78977

Plus 15' of 10 AWG red/black each

Plus some (maybe 4) of these:

PP15/30/45 Loose Piece Powerpole Colored Housing | Powerwerx

Plus any one or two of these like @erymer :

Panel Mounts | Powerwerx

Misc stuff you will need:

https://www.amazon.com/Absolute-SLT12-2-Inch-100-Feet-Split/dp/B00PLY92NG/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1504050236&sr=1-2&keywords=1/2"+split+loom

https://www.amazon.com/Swordfish-61...qid=1504050291&sr=1-27&keywords=shrink+tubing

These are new and nice for tight spaces:

MRBF Surface Mount Fuse Block - Common Source - Blue Sea Systems

References:

http://assets.bluesea.com/files/resources/reference/20010.pdf

Last edited:
doing the same thing currently.

I ran 12V down the DS of the 80 and installed this power center right below the sticker in front of the jack access panel.

View attachment 1526798

View attachment 1526799

View attachment 1526800

This is so nice. I wish I had room for it in my cab - instead I am doing other stuff :\

I also am adding an on/off switch to the cab.

@NCFJ turned me on to this one, too if you wanted something similar:

Blue Sea 4353 BelowDeck Panel | Powerwerx

IMHO If you are going to go to the trouble to run power to the back of the truck, do it with future add ons in mind. I would run as big a primary wire as you can stand to terminals blocks somewhere in the back that you are comfortable and run everything from there. I ran 2/0 in my FJ Cruiser and had an Anderson connector for the winch, used a solenoid under the hood as a fuse, the winch itself was also fused.

Put one of these on a military type battery terminal. You can still wire your winch direct as well as the vehicles fuseable links. Run power to the back through one of the fuses. If you do something like this from the start you can run most anything in the back, even an inverter so you can plug in the blender :)

blue-sea-2151-dual-mrbf-terminal-fuse-block-30-to-300a__3375_580.jpg

I might be in good shape. Driver side has a switched 12v and passenger side has these two wires.

IMG_2621.JPG

IMG_2622.JPG

How many of those coolers do they have? Mudship?????? ;)

some company donated about 1000 of them to Habitat for Humanity. multiple Habitat for Humanity stores in wake county have them. not sure about others.

some company donated about 1000 of them to Habitat for Humanity. multiple Habitat for Humanity stores in wake county have them. not sure about others.
I bought all the ones in Cary .

Real , they had five . Bought them all.

The Raleigh Blvd store had lots of them in the store room three weeks ago. They only put 5-7 out on the floor at a time so if you don't see any, ask about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom