EGR Temp Sensor Test Plug (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does this disable to the entire EGR system? I just want something simple to stop (1) HG issues (2) Protect the wire loom. Is this the solution for me?
Should help protect the wire loom. Stop HG issues? I don't think so.

Should help protect the wire loom. Stop HG issues? I don't think so.

agreed

HG issues too complex to pin on one thing, overheating for example would be the thing I would ensure never happened to my rig.

Last edited:
Passes Cali smog2 requirements, as of today.

:cool:

Figured I would post up a couple photos of how mine looks after it running flawlessly for about a month now. Loosened the bolt for the plug and swung it down out of the way for a cleaner look, you can also see the plug David now provides for the intake. No codes and I can reach my hand underneath the EGR valve after spending a couple bucks on ball bearings to block/plug the vacuum lines. Thanks @LC4LIFE!

View attachment 1685538

View attachment 1685539
Did you leave the egr in place after installing the kit?

Funny story, P401 popped up for the first time in a long time 😁. I was amused since I have the kit AND a brand new ECU harness.

Funny story, P401 popped up for the first time in a long time 😁. I was amused since I have the kit AND a brand new ECU harness.
Not many people have the code come up with that scenario. The few I have helped over time have all boiled down to the harness, if not by the EGR pipe, then it was under the dash with some chafing rubbing through the harness. Throw on ohm meter on the test plug to test it. That should answer where your problem is too.

Not many people have the code come up with that scenario. The few I have helped over time have all boiled down to the harness, if not by the EGR pipe, then it was under the dash with some chafing rubbing through the harness. Throw on ohm meter on the test plug to test it. That should answer where your problem is too.
great idea, will do. Hang on, did I forget to transfer the resistor from the old ECU harness to the new one? CRAPPPOLA...I can't remember. :bang:

Yep, that was it. I forgot to transfer the resistor over from the old harness to the new harness. Problem solved. It was interesting to me that it took several drive cycles before it came on, then kept returning consistently.

Thank you for the memory job!

Where does this plug go?

IMG_4796.jpeg

Probably the temp sensor hole.

Probably the temp sensor hole.

Not needed on 93-94?

Not needed on 93-94?
Are you using the temp sensor plug kit that this thread is about? If so then of course you have a temp sensor. It would need to be removed from the intake manifold to use the screw you showed.

there are also pictures in the instructions and back a couple of pages -

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom