Easy overland trail for kids camping, NW Georgia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

chatt100

SILVER Star
Threads
Planning to take my 3 yo on his first camping trip.

Looking for something very easy in the NW Georgia area for 1-2 nights. Preferably near some water.

Anyone got suggestions?

Planning to take my 3 yo on his first camping trip.

Looking for something very easy in the NW Georgia area for 1-2 nights. Preferably near some water.

Anyone got suggestions?
Camp at Lake Coosanooga? A lot of easy FS roads. Great camping on the lake

You probably already know about the GA traverse, but we did it with 2 kids and it was a great time.

Started on the western side and camped the first night at a forest service camp that was awesome. Right on a little creek.

The area around Helen is nice as well. Charlie's creek road has some good campsites , and the river crossing is cool at the Tallulah River.

Cooper Creek has campgrounds too, fun backroads. Let me know if you want any more info I drove a lot of it a last summer.

Second picture is the Pisgah national forest in NC, which I would also recommend. Beautiful area

The Lake Coosanooga area would be a good idea. The first picture is our campsite on mill creek at the forest service campground. You can follow some dirt roads from there to Lake Coosanooga. Cool overlooks to check out around there. The forest service camp only has pit toilets though so if you want more amenities hit up the Lake Coosanooga campground

20201024_085305.jpg

20190617_121157.jpg

Last edited:
You probably already know about the GA traverse, but we did it with 2 kids and it was a great time.

Started on the western side and camped the first night at a forest service camp that was awesome. Right on a little creek.

The area around Helen is nice as well. Charlie's creek road has some good campsites , and the river crossing is cool at the Tallulah River.

Cooper Creek has campgrounds too, fun backroads. Let me know if you want any more info I drove a lot of it a last summer.

Second picture is the Pisgah national forest in NC, which I would also recommend. Beautiful area

The Lake Coosanooga area would be a good idea. The first picture is our campsite on mill creek at the forest service campground. You can follow some dirt roads from there to Lake Coosanooga. Cool overlooks to check out around there. The forest service camp only has pit toilets though so if you want more amenities hit up the Lake Coosanooga campground

View attachment 2474486

View attachment 2474487
I was not aware of this. Looks awesome! Will have to do it next trip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom