Door lock actuator removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Living in the Past

SILVER Star
Threads
Has anyone changed the driver's door power lock actuator? Selling my third gen to a relative and thought I would be nice and replace.the sluggish door lock actuator. Looked like it would be easier than a 100 series without all the connected rods. Only one bracket comes with the actuator but has a second bracket that appears can only be removed once the actuator is out of the door. You Tube only shows door lock (not actuator) removal on the 96-2002 4Runner and a number for the 4th gen Runner actuator. Thought with single rod coming from above and the rest a being electrical this was going to be straight forward. Have a feeling that second bracket is going to make this a nightmare having to disconnect all the linkage from the interior and exterior door handles?

Done, not sure did it how Toyota intended but got it done. Believe Toyota want the whole window removed so the rear window channel can be pulled out. Then take take the lock actuator and door latch mechanism out together. Simple way would be to drill two holes for the screws on that side that hold the actuator to the latch mechanism. Hate having anything I do look jerry rigged so figured away to do it without drilling holes or removing the window channel. If there is a another simple way please post here for others. Like I posted before plenty of You Tube on fourth generation 4Runners but could find any for third generation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom