Builds Do I have your attention.... I call it VERA. (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

REPOST

Last edited:
Transmission kickdown appears to be different. EDIT : THIS IS NOT KICKDOWN -- THIS IS NEUTRAL POSITION SENSOR. THEY ARE DEFINATELY DIFFERENT, BUT GOING TO TRY AND RE PIN AND MAKE IT WORK.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Two extra wires that would’ve gone to the 2 Wheel Drive tail housing on the transmission? EDIT THESE ARE TO THE TWO REAR OXYGEN SENSORS ON EXHAUST AFTER CATS.
image.jpg

And two leads coming off the driver side front engine harness
image.jpg
EDIT:
Figure out this one, I went down to crank shaft position sensor and oil pressure gauge.

Last edited:
Going back to the transmission, the kickdown cable appears to be totally different. EDIT THAT IS ACCELERATOR CABLE, NO KICKDOWN CABLE.
image.jpg

Last edited:
I’m assuming this went to a mass airflow sensor ??
image.jpg

Tons of vacuum lines I’ll need to track down

image.jpg

Two of them coming off the power steering pump
image.jpg

Above the fuel rail
image.jpg

Then a bunch off the airbox
image.jpg

Totally different key and plugs -- EDIT - SECOND SWITCH IS TO TURN OFF PASSENGER AIRBAG.
image.jpg

image.jpg

35C81741-D7AC-411B-A64F-F860DB40D7D1.jpeg

Last edited:
Decided to pull the cab off to see if I can get to the starter.... answer is. ...yes you can.
63EC6EEE-D041-488D-8304-250FEA0A4C34.jpeg
A0979560-1240-41A2-9209-654FFCE98693.jpeg
C4F05A48-9D3D-4F62-9F97-9B9952D0BE2D.jpeg

Easiest starter swap in history. Now put a new plunger and contacts in it while you have access.

Starter is all wired up !!!! There’s also to knock sensors in that area, so very happy that it worked out.
image.jpg
Did need to extend the wiring harness for the front pass oxygen sensor. The engine came from a 4runner, the engine harness came from a tundra, so make sense To be some differences
image.jpg

Is the O2 plug attached to the sensor? If so just get a sensor with a longer pigtail. Denso sensor is a denso sensor. Measure the wire coming off the sensor.

Still working on the starter harness, it’s on the driver side and the leg of it goes to the alternator which is on the passenger side. Electrical wiring diagram appears that somehow it goes through or under the engine to that side. Anyone have any ideas? -- EDIT. realized that I am going to have to move battery to the passenger side to fit in the 45 front end, so no big deal. Just need to figure out how to rewire it to the different plug.
image.jpg

This is the harness coming from the starter
C1903A9D-C055-4B86-8398-C283B20FFA3E.jpeg
View attachment 1883492
wiring harness.gif

Last edited:
So looking at the transmission question.... looks like the kickdown cable from the throttle body goes to the other side of the tranny. I don't recall that spot, so will have to look again when I get home. Looking at other LC 100 series tranny, looks like that spot has a block off plate on it.
tranny.jpg
U.jpg
Q.jpg

List of stuff that I am needing to get this running:

fuel line ends to connect to engine/fuel tank
airbox/mass airflow sensors
alternator wiring harness
how to wire to battery??? mess of wires -- need to look at another car.

Do I need to figure out before starting?
transmission gear selection sensor/wiring thing pass side front of tranny.

other needs
dimmer switch
vacuum cannister
winshield washer bottle/pump
wiring needed for transfer case locking motor
A/C condenser
Radiator
p/s cooler
tranny cooler

Last edited:
Just got a text that Tank5 found the airbox with MAF sensor in it, so that is solved....

Back to the alternator issue. looks like plug on harness is 3 wire, while plug on alternator is 4 wire. So between 2002 Tundra and 2003 4runner the alternator changed.

@tornadoalleycruiser found a wiring lead on amazon... then I found more answers on the 100 forum.

31zHNsaC6JL.jpg

image-jpg.1883220
image-jpg.1883221

looked over on the 100 series section and it appears this alternator switch is common, @beno had these part numbers..

3 pin connector.
Connector: 90980-11349
Splices: 82998-12440

4 pin connector.

90980-11964.

toyota-150-amp-connector-jpg.604690

toyota-stock-80-amp-pin-out-jpg.218328

toyota-150-amp-pin-out-jpg.218329

Last edited:
Lets chat about radiator / condensor / trans cooler later, bring the fuel filter with you when you visit or post a picture of the fuel high pressure hose running to the rail. I prob have that figured out along with hard line along frame. PS cooler I have your solution.. you are also in luck that I have a radiator overflow / washer tank combo sitting here. Dimmer will depend on steering column. 40 or 60, both are on the column and I have both. Fuel tank I will also need a picture of. Meaning in tank pump and fitting out for feed to frame.

Lets chat about radiator / condensor / trans cooler later, bring the fuel filter with you when you visit or post a picture of the fuel high pressure hose running to the rail. I prob have that figured out along with hard line along frame. PS cooler I have your solution.. you are also in luck that I have a radiator overflow / washer tank combo sitting here. Dimmer will depend on steering column. 40 or 60, both are on the column and I have both. Fuel tank I will also need a picture of. Meaning in tank pump and fitting out for feed to frame.

lots of good things in your post.... I am trying to use the harness from the tundra, so there is a factory dimmer I would like to find. I got the in tank fuel pump when I bought the rig, so plan to adapt tank that I have to fit that pump, it need to find lines, so I can bring those out to your coolio crimp fitting tool. Thanks man! Appreciate all your help.

ok, back to the tranny.... getting worried that this tranny is not the right one. Going to go look at a 100 series tomorrow to see how it is setup. Don't see how the kickdown cable can connect to the tranny...... so worried that I have the wrong tranny.

who is the source for info on the transmissions??? this is a 30 43le part 35000 60610 @beno

I borrowed a friends 06 hundred series this morning, and tracked down a bunch of things. The one interesting thing was the a/c Compressor was different with the lines going straight up out of the way. If the brackets are the same, for the compressor and the oil filter under it, this may be an easy fix..
529958C9-D87A-4327-93B5-D882A1CE00DA.jpeg
7BC2F185-1C63-49AF-862F-9270341BD4B2.jpeg
1F77607C-753E-4368-8B4B-C3582360C22F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom