Builds Dirty Bastard (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

just above "install top" you need to add an item.

- go drive around block in unsafe manner -

:D
Unsafe will be driving down the street at all. Who knows what the hell I've forgotten to tighten in all of this.:hillbilly:
In all seriousness though, I will be pissing some neighbors off before it goes on the trailer.:grinpimp:

Unsafe will be driving down the street at all. Who knows what the hell I've forgotten to tighten in all of this.:hillbilly:
In all seriousness though, I will be pissing some neighbors off before it goes on the trailer.:grinpimp:

now you understand why I'm building another C3 Corvette this time with 427 cubic inches of irritate-the-neighbors (an ITN of at least 7.5)

I'm really liking how the interior has turned
20170920_203843.jpg
out.

That looks great. I like the open air underneath the center console, do you have plans for that space? Sure are a lot of different storage things you could do with it. Looking forward to a ride at CTW. What day are you showing up?

I'm going to leave the space alone for now as the cables from the shifters run through there. Eventually, I'll have my heater repaired and it'll take up most of that space.
Our plan is the Toyota only run and then just putt around on Saturday, leaving Saturday night after the bbq.
That looks great. I like the open air underneath the center console, do you have plans for that space? Sure are a lot of different storage things you could do with it. Looking forward to a ride at CTW. What day are you showing up?

Another hiccup in the getalong today....
I picked up one of the high angle 1350 u joints (need just a few degrees to prevent binding on full droop) and the yoke shattered while pressing in the new caps which also killed the cap on the u joint. I've never had this happen while changing a u joint, and I'm very suspect that the spicer yoke failed.
Lucky for me WFO has the parts in stock and offers overnight air. :bang:

Nice stance. It looks good

Turned out great! I think I'm going to put fenders back on mine. What is your frame height?
23" at the frame. A little tall, but it's where it is for now.
I've gotten a few codes, mainly transmission related. It looks like I have to replace the 2-3 solenoid and TCC solenoid and keep a spare 1-2/2-3 solenoid on hand just in case. Luckily, this is a simple "drop the pan" kind of job and won't take a bunch of time.
I also have a manifold pressure code, so need to figure that out. There are definitely some issues to work out, but I should be able to wheel it in the coming week.

Okay, new MAP sensor and new injectors cleared all of the engine related codes.
I have a TCC solenoid and shift solenoid going in tomorrow. With luck, that should clear up the transmission codes.
I'll have two days of drive time to break the gears in before this weekend's wheeling trip. Hopefully that's enough.

I can't even begin with the list of s*** that's gone wrong trying to get this thing ready for a trip this weekend. Vacuum leaks, multiple engine error codes (vacuum and ground related), and to top it off WFO sent me the wrong 1350 flange that I needed for my driveline (after paying for 2nd day air). At this point, I'm calling this weekend's wheeling trip a wash and will spend some time over the week trying to iron things out.

Sorry to hear that. Had those days before too. Many of my trips have been after pulling all nighters and the test drive was from the garage to the trailer.

Good luck this weekend.

^^^ I can relate to that!! @mr jits It's looking good tho!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom