Dented fender, blown exhaust - opportunity. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice! If you do a youtube video you can just hit the "copy link " and then come here and (on your phone) hold down on the screen until "paste" comes up and choose that. Or use the chain link icon at the top of your message box

Thanks! That did work.

THe only thing i can think of that would make your mileage worse from your custom exhaust would be the new cats and o2 sensors. I wouldn't think that simply changing back pressure would make that big of a difference to the mpgs. It sounds real nice though. I just got mine back but i haven't gone through a tank of gas to know if it has affected the mileage yet. what year is your truck? How does it sound on the expressway?

THe only thing i can think of that would make your mileage worse from your custom exhaust would be the new cats and o2 sensors. I wouldn't think that simply changing back pressure would make that big of a difference to the mpgs. It sounds real nice though. I just got mine back but i haven't gone through a tank of gas to know if it has affected the mileage yet. what year is your truck? How does it sound on the expressway?

It’s pretty quiet at idle and cruising at 2500RPM. This is my 2004 ‘beta tester’... before I do anything to my 2000 LC I can use my 2004 to try it out on first. Frankly, my son loves the sound and he’s 19. If I had to listen to it as a daily driver I’d go a little bonkers. It’s fun to play with but I drive 800-1200 miles a week.

Shouldn’t new o2 sensors + new cats make the engine breath better and get same / better mileage?

Btw, we put Fox shocks on it with no lift and I love them! The ride is great and handles very well.

Not sure how I feel about the snorkel... performance increase and better mileage but little stuff like pita cleaning the windowshield at gas stations are getting to me. I’m not sure but it seems it affected the heater too; e.g. it takes longer to warm engine, cabin and defrost windows. Overall, I like it but not sure I like it enough to cut a hole in a good fender to implement.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update! We need to compare exhaust notes in person. I was just in EL last weekend. You ever in Kzoo?

My new exhaust sounds awesome. I went with dt headers and custom 3" from the headers back. Unfortunately its a little too loud. My truck already looks kind of ornery and now it really growls under very mild acceleration. At 55 it messes with the music, at 75 its yelling "hey everybody look at me!" Im pretty sure im gonna take it back for a new muffler or maybe talk to Tyler about adding a resonator or something. If i didnt use it to pull my trailer for 2 to 8 hours at a time i would consider keeping it but i might get pulled over :(. Really happy with the build quality though if anyone is looking for a shop.

What is the part # you used for your muffler?
Did you keep the resonator?

I apologize if i over explain this and i am by no means an expert on o2 sensors or exhaust in general. This is my guess, if the upstream vs downstream resistance comparison the computer is looking for doesn't match the Toyota specified difference it could tell the engine to dump more or less gas, more in your case. Just a guess.

I'm with you on the Snorkel, i don't have one. i was thinking about getting one but damn that's a big hole!

Thanks for the update! We need to compare exhaust notes in person. I was just in EL last weekend. You ever in Kzoo?

My new exhaust sounds awesome. I went with dt headers and custom 3" from the headers back. Unfortunately its a little too loud. My truck already looks kind of ornery and now it really growls under very mild acceleration. At 55 it messes with the music, at 75 its yelling "hey everybody look at me!" Im pretty sure im gonna take it back for a new muffler or maybe talk to Tyler about adding a resonator or something. If i didnt use it to pull my trailer for 2 to 8 hours at a time i would consider keeping it but i might get pulled over :(. Really happy with the build quality though if anyone is looking for a shop.

What is the part # you used for your muffler?

Did you keep the resonator? Nope... it's gone. We custom cut the tip horizontally at the level of the bottom of the bumper.

I apologize if i over explain this and i am by no means an expert on o2 sensors or exhaust in general. This is my guess, if the upstream vs downstream resistance comparison the computer is looking for doesn't match the Toyota specified difference it could tell the engine to dump more or less gas, more in your case. Just a guess.

I'm with you on the Snorkel, i don't have one. i was thinking about getting one but damn that's a big hole!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom