Death Valley...END OF MARCH, 2019/Planning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Paved/Frontcountry Roads:
  • Beatty Cutoff Rd/Daylight Pass/North Highway: USE CAUTION due to flooding and debris.
  • Scotty's Castle Road/North Highway:
    • CLOSED into Grapevine Canyon (Bonnie Claire Road) since October 2015 due to flood damage. No access to Scotty's Castle or NV-267. This does NOT affect access to Ubehebe Crater, Racetrack Road, or Big Pine Road.
    • OPEN from Hwy 190 north to Ubehebe Crater Road. Use caution.
  • Emigrant Canyon Road: CLOSED due to storm damage.
  • Lower Wildrose Road: CLOSED due to storm damage.
  • Upper Wildrose Road: CLOSED due to snow and ice.
Unpaved/Backcountry Roads:
The standard conditions of backcountry roads vary from 2wd to extreme 4x4 routes. Many roads are very remote and road conditions can change without notice. For the most up to date backcountry road information and conditions, please visit Death Valley Road Conditions on Facebook.
  • Mosaic Canyon Road: CLOSED until 6/30/19 due to road construction.
  • Historic Stovepipe Wells Road: CLOSED
  • North Eureka Valley Road: CLOSED
  • Titus Canyon Road: CLOSED due to storm damage
  • South Pass and North Pass into Saline Valley: CLOSED due to storm damage and rockfall.
  • 20 Mule Team Canyon Road: CLOSED due to flooding and debris.
  • Devils Golf Course: CLOSED due to storm damage.
  • Skidoo Road & Aguereberry Point Road: CLOSED due to Emigrant Canyon Road closure.
Dang it...rough/wet winter! I'm putting off this trip until the fall or next spring when Scotty's Castle should be open as well as Titus Canyon and and Mosaic as these are some of my top areas to see. Heading out to Zion instead...

A lot of roads are closed indefinitely and the rain came later so no super bloom. Good call. Enjoy your zion trip. Heading there after overland expo. Anyone here going?

Zion was awesome...
zion.jpg

Let me know when you want to go somewhere somewhat local. The wives were supposedly discussing how we should plan something ( I don't think they included themselves in we, just us and the kids). Looks like a fun trip.

Let me know when you want to go somewhere somewhat local. The wives were supposedly discussing how we should plan something ( I don't think they included themselves in we, just us and the kids). Looks like a fun trip.
Hey Mark, We're all heading up to the lower Sequoias on 5/24. There will be about 6 trucks going from OC. I booked this back in Nov and just checked availability at Belknap campground where we're all staying. There's 1 spot available, but Friday only. Could be a spot to hang out for the day/night if you were looking to head into the Sequoias/Kings Canyon the following days. Just a thought, but yeah something local needs to get booked...

Hey Mark, We're all heading up to the lower Sequoias on 5/24. There will be about 6 trucks going from OC. I booked this back in Nov and just checked availability at Belknap campground where we're all staying. There's 1 spot available, but Friday only. Could be a spot to hang out for the day/night if you were looking to head into the Sequoias/Kings Canyon the following days. Just a thought, but yeah something local needs to get booked...

Hey Erik, thanks for the offer, but I'm most likely going to stay local at the Hi-Desert Round up or we are going to the River. I'll be at Overland Expo the Thursday to Sunday before that weekend, so I'm gonna try and stay local hopefully. But we do need to plan something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom