Cruiser Inflation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Garth brought up a very important point in his TLCA recruitment tool strategy.

"We all know that this truck will sell like XTerras did during the first model year, and like H2s did when they were the hot new thing. Are these new owners the folks we want in the TLCA? Damn right. These will be young, active kids and men in mid-life crisis. These are the folks who will join the TLCA and local clubs and become as addicted to Cruisers as we are. A few issues of the Trails and they will be looking to buy an old stable mate to complement their new toy."

If this does indeed happen, I can forsee a possible inflation in the price of older cruiser models, parts, etc.

If the prospective market is indeed geared toward the folks Garth speculates, they will probably have the money and resources to buy older crusiers, and they will probably actively seek them.

I wonder if we are going to see fluctuations in the price/demand of cruisers after the new FJ hits the showroom floor?

It will be interesting to follow.

Oh, and here is the tech portion of this thread: They will come with 33" tires, cool :cool: .

I'm still wondering if i want to get one. It's a thought. But really, i think i want an old 40.

There might be a short term spike from the newbs buying old cruisers. But when they see how spartan the old (real?) cruisers are, most will go back to their new ones.

Yeah, they probably wouldn't want to give up air conditioning, a nice quiet ride, the ability to go over 60 MPH, as well as have to deal with the usual cruiser kinks and bugs that we so lovingly (HA!!!) toil over. On the other hand, they might actually fall in love with the old cruisers like we have, and begin to really get into clubs, organizations, etc. It could go both ways, so we must accept with open arms our possible future trail brethren. Although, my mother was looking to sell her Highlander and get an FJ Cruiser, so the market isn't limited to just newbie 4x4 wannabe's like some people think...

I was waiting to see how the new mustangs impacted the resale value of the old 60's models. Not sure if it has or not, I think Timbercruiser is on the right track though. The targeted market wants the old world reputation with all the new bells and whistles.

I say let them into TLCA. It is technically a Cruiser, could potentionally be a huge market if sales go well, and could allow TLCA to put on more events and whatnot.

Plus, I kinda dig the blue smurf for all the above reasons Finewyns40 pointed out.

Of course they should be in the TLCA. Maybe they will try to offroad in these new fjs and then get hooked on offroading and eventually buy a real offroader. It helps the sport grow.

I am looking forward to the new FJs and definately want every last person who buys one to join the TLCA.

I am was just curious as to whether or not you guys thought it might change the Cruiser market.

I bet the new FJ will spark more public interest in older model Land Cruisers.

Who knows, we might even get more head turns and thumbs up when rolling down the highway ;) .

I hope your right Benji. Maybe this will turn around the 60 series market.

i agree that it will be a short spike...most will go for the 80 series if the fjcruiser is beyond their means.

jesterb said:
I hope your right Benji. Maybe this will turn around the 60 series market.

That's exactly what I was hoping for. You are probably hoping for this first hand if your 62 has not sold yet?

If you have not sold it, hold onto it for a while longer, and I bet you will get more out of it. We all know that whatever you put into a 60 series is not the kind of return you would like to get when the unfrotunate time comes to sell it.

Good luck jesterb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom