Cruise Moab 2015 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
rzeppa.org
Cruise Moab registration is now open! Go to the cruisemoab.com web site to register!

This year's event will be from Tuesday, April 28th through Sunday May 3rd. Our headquarters will be at the lot just south of and adjacent to Slickrock Campground again. You do not have to stay at Slickrock Campground if you don't want to, it is just the epicenter of the event. The schedule will be the same as the last couple of years with the overnight runs:

Tuesday - Kokopelli Run Starts (3 Days 2 Nights - limit 14 rigs!)
Wednesday - San Rafael Swell Run Starts (2 days 1 night - limit 20 rigs), Registration, Safety Inspection, Vehicle Recovery Demonstration, Hell’s Revenge Night Run!!!
Thursday - Guided Trail Runs, Vendor Night
Friday - Guided Trail Runs, Dinner, Raffle
Saturday - Guided Trail Runs
Sunday - Clean up and go home

We are keeping registration the same as it has been for the past two years: $175 + BLM fees, which are a straight pass-through. We are also passing through the $25/registrant food costs for the overnight runs. Remember, Rising Sun doesn't make a dime on Cruise Moab. We donate 100% of the proceeds to land use and to improving the event.

Be advised that you must be a current TLCA member to register. We could not have this event without our affordable TLCA insurance, it is a TLCA sanctioned event and therefore you must be a TLCA member. It's only $35.

Scott Yoder and I are the co-chairing the committee this year. I am doing trail assignments and registration again this year. If you have any questions, please contact Scott or me at the emails above. Please do not PM me here with questions about Cruise Moab. Feel free to join the Rising Sun forum on the Cruise Moab thread.

Here are some changes from prior years:
(1) We are dropping Pritchett Canyon due to waning interest.
(2) We are dropping Chicken Corner due to waning interest.
(3) We are adding the Pickle (difficult)
(4) We are adding Jax Trax (Moderate)
(5) The Wednesday night run is changing from Fins & Things to Hell’s Revenge due to complaints from the two campsites in the Sand Flats recreation area that Fins passes through.
(6) Attendance of the Wednesday evening driver’s meeting is MANDITORY even if you are a Cruise Moab veteran! We have important new information to disseminate regarding our BLM stipulations, and as part of our permitting, they are requiring us to have each and every driver informed and acknowledge that they have received this new information.

Trail Sponsors to date:
Red Line Land Cruisers (Justin Robbins) – Behind the Rocks (Thursday)
Cruiser Outfitters (Kurt Williams) - San Rafael Swell (Wednesday)
Outdoorx4 Magazine (Stan Wright) - Kokopelli Trail (Tuesday)
Just Differentials (Carl Montoya) - Porcupine Rim - (Friday)
Outer Limit Supply (Travis Hurley) – Cliffhanger – (Saturday)
Slee Off Road (Christo Slee) - Hell's Revenge - (Friday)
Gamiviti - (Tim Nakari) - Wipeout Hill - (Friday)

I will update the above as the information becomes available.

If you would like to attend, now is a good time to put in for time off from work, if you need a lot of advance notice.

Happy crusin'!

Last edited:
Outstanding, we're really looking forward to this year's event. We'll also be sponsoring the Vehicle Recovery Class on 4/29 from 1-4pm

True! The committee only learned that there was a FB page for Cruise Moab at our meeting last week :p

Gasp.... all that work for nothing?

TLCA has one of the best Facebook pages on the information superhighway as well (I know you already know this @Rzeppa) TLCA FACEBOOK

Additionally, I believe that the Double Overnight Kokopelli Expedition had a few spots open up, so if you're interested in a true overlanding experience, this is the run to sign up for. It is a FULL 3 days off-road in some of the most beautiful country you'll ever see. OutdoorX4 Magazine is happy to be sponsoring this run and you can expect full coverage of the event in future issues.
@txoutdoorx4

Last edited:
Yes, the look on your face was priceless especially since CM has been on Facebook since 2011!

Nice!! I created the page back when I was a committee member in 2011. You guys have done great work with it, congrats!! Nice to see us using technology. :)

We are down to the wire, and almost full. If you were thinking about attending Cruise Moab 2015, the time is now. Trail assignments are mostly done, and confirmations will be going out in the coming days. We look forward to seeing you there!

White Stripe, what's your name? I got an email with a reply from you on this thread but can't find it here. Did you delete the post? I'd like to answer your question.

If anyone from Texas or further east is coming through Albuquerque Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, I'm leaving town about 8 am and heading up HWY 550 toward Farmington, if you want to caravan with me and possibly a couple other locals.

- Marc

Jeff, should we be receiving anything in the physical mail before the event. I have an email confirmation and all, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything, or if the proper address was used if mailing anything to me.

Also, I'm doing Elephant Hill Thursday, pretty stock 40, used to assume about 10 MPG on trails, sometimes less. I can bring one or two jerry cans. Any suggestions on extra fuel, was only planning on 5 extra gallons, but don't want to run short. Technically should make it on a full tank, but ?????

Jeff, should we be receiving anything in the physical mail before the event. I have an email confirmation and all, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything, or if the proper address was used if mailing anything to me.

Also, I'm doing Elephant Hill Thursday, pretty stock 40, used to assume about 10 MPG on trails, sometimes less. I can bring one or two jerry cans. Any suggestions on extra fuel, was only planning on 5 extra gallons, but don't want to run short. Technically should make it on a full tank, but ?????

No snail mail. I've done E-Hill many times in a bone stock 40 with just a full tank to start, that should be fine. If you want to bring a jerry can that's fine too. The main thing about E-Hill is the early start for the meeting place. Be on time!

Roger, thanks Jeff

Well made it home safe and sound. What a great time, hope to return in the future. Only casualties were a few scrapes to the bumper and skidplate and an unfortunate puncture to my soft top on Dome Plateau, stupid cut-off tree branch.

Not bad for a pretty stock 40, seems most of my trail companions were impressed, so was I, hardly chirped a tire all three days, what a blast. It was a pleasure meeting many of the cruiser community, and finally putting a face to a name.

Had CruiserDan as gunner on E-Hill, the legend lived up to his reputation, what a fun day, and a great route. Of course it scared the crap out of my wife, but she got over it. I'll have to get some pics put up, we snapped a few.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom