Coin Operated Car Wash? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know where there's a coin operated, self-serve car wash in the Alexandria area? I need to get the salt water off the 40, and all I can find are regular, drive-through car washes.

Thanks,
Felix

I have often said that one (or many) of those would do a ton of business around here. There's a crappy one connected to a gas station in FFX city but its not very close to you. You guys don't have a hose?

fjman said:
I have often said that one (or many) of those would do a ton of business around here. There's a crappy one connected to a gas station in FFX city but its not very close to you. You guys don't have a hose?

Yeah, we got a hose, but I was looking for something with a little more guts. I don't have a pressure washer.

If you go to the one at Fairfax Circle and try to wash under you hood or even under the car, they get pretty excited and start yelling a lot.

There used to be one of the coin opperated places at four mile area or around shirlington somewhere but I doubt that it's there now. It's all about the watershed.

They do have a few left in Manassas, there is one in Leesburg, I think there is one in Woodbridge. Won't do you much good, but maybe you could hit one on the way back from wheeling.

If you do get a pressure washer, make your own 90 degree wand with an elbow and some short sections of pipe. Then get an old skateboard truck and use a pipe strap or an elbow with a mounting tab to fasten the skate truck and you can wheel it around under the truck.

The rednecky way to do this is just to put a regular old lawn sprinkler under the truck while it's parked on your front lawn and get two things done at the same time. Even though it's not much pressure, if you run it long enough it actually washes all the mud off and deposits it on the lawn instead of on your driveway :D

-Stumbaugh

Felix,
I've got my Dad's pressure washer at the house...you are welcome to come over and blast your cruiser....

Doug

for future reference...
South of Ft. Belvoir on RT.1 by the Fairfax County Parkway, there is an independent gas station with power wash bays. I've never used it but I see it is busy on weekends.

L8Shift said:
for future reference...
South of Ft. Belvoir on RT.1 by the Fairfax County Parkway, there is an independent gas station with power wash bays. I've never used it but I see it is busy on weekends.

Great, thanks for the tip!

Unfortunately all the "bad parts of town" around here are being gentrified and there's no affordable property left that can justify car washes. Evils of the city. Man, it makes me want to move. I can't remember the last time I saw a bank with drive-thru tellers or a gas station with a decently-sized parking lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom