Builds "Chunk+12ht" version 2.0 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Man, those stripes look awesome!

Take a deep breath and repeat after me:

"It's not just good. It's good enough!"

Screenshot_20200714-081159_Google.jpg

Last edited:
Trying to get the stripes right on Chunk has been a serious pita!

I was going to go with a totally new color scheme and that was a disaster, both color and the quality.
Back to blue and grey.

The new shop that did these stripes did a pretty good job quality wise but the grey is off. I am out of time for this, so calling it good until winter most likely. I do like it though, just needs some adjustment

View attachment 2371038
Sooooooo gooood!

Thanks all. They grey came out with a lot of green in it, kind of a wet concrete kind of grey. The shop that did them will make me a new set but I am thinking that will be a winter project.

Hoping to get other picture updates directly and get caught up on the thread!

Instead of the "turbo " decal on the rear hatch, I went with an oem diesel badge and one of my turbo emblems. I still need to make brackets for the grille and then I will repeat there.
20200714_210834.jpg

20200714_210825.jpg

The "fj60" plate is sort of wrong now! Soon getting replaced with historic plates anyway. Much less $$

Looks awesome, Pat! Buddy looks pensive...probably wondering why you guys aren't driving somewhere!
He'll sit in there all day if I let him
20200715_103929.jpg

I have been trying to get ready for Solid Axle Summit 4 later this week. I'm taking the truck bit it will still have some finishing up to do. It's been kinda frantic for the last couple of months. Work has been stupid busy, roof racks have been really busy and the 60 comes after that so it's been tough. A week off will be like heaven!
A little catch up.

The carpet from @dnp is finally in. It looks soooo much better. It wasn't too bad to fit. I used a hot punch heated with my propane torch to open up the bolt holes in the floor.

20200726_192932.jpg

If you buy the carpet, consider the floor mats, they are very nice.

Rear split seats are in. I need to send all the belts to seatbelt planet, but that will have to be another day. Also the shoulder belts will be a later date.

20200726_193113.jpg

Locker cable setup under the truck. This took a really long time to do. For what I have into it time and money wise, a new set of Harrops would have made more sense.

A huge thank you to @Samppahj for the awesome detail pictures from his HJ60 build "snow white ".
20200726_192842.jpg

I really like the Hella Supertones in my 80 so I bought a set for Chunk. Unfortunately, no workie. Power is to the horns so betting it is the horn contact in the steering wheel. I'm hoping to get the 62 steering wheel with the 70 series horn button on this week yet, so I ordered a new horn ring and plate from Partsouq today. If it all gets here I may have a working horn.
20200726_192820.jpg

I bought a couple of diy battery cable kits from Summit and hooked up the dual batteries in the Stainless Battery Trays mounts. Straight hook up for now. I may do an isolator later.
20200726_192807.jpg

On to the new hood insulation next
20200726_193317.jpg
20200726_193330.jpg
20200726_193355.jpg

Pat, that truck looks GREAT! I have been seeing more and more trucks with the striping, and whereas I never really gave them much consideration when the trucks were new, I have a newfound appreciation for them.....so retro, they're COOL!

Also, is that Line-X or some similar material sprayed on the underside of your truck? It looks so clean and durable! Did you pull the body off the frame to do that?

Lastly, be sure to post photos of the steering wheel setup you mentioned. I'm not familiar with it but would like to see it.

Thanks,
David

20200726_201908.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom