Chiva falls difficultly? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So friday I have the opportunity to go on a trail ride instead of being at work.. Tough choice right?

Problem is the other folks going will be on side by sides or dirtbikes. So I wont be alone but recovery options may not be there. How tough is that trail without lockers? I hear there are bypasses at most of the obstacles I just dont want to get in a situation where I need another vehicle to assist me. I am in a 61.

If anyone is free friday and wants to join let me know!

The last I heard in January, it wasn’t that bad. The kid I sold my 93 80 to did all of the hard or harder lines without issue in a locked truck on 35’s and factory running boards.

If you go in the Three Feather route, there are a few hogged out sections. The SxS traffic has really taken a toll on the trail. The area around the falls can get pretty hairy if you do not pick good lines. I would rank it as a 7/10 if you take all the hardest lines, and a 5/10 if you take all the safest ones. No need for lockers or 35s. Just take your time and be careful.

I last ran it on 8/21/21, so some changes may have taken place.

It seems to get a little worse and more difficult every time I go. Haven't taken the trail in a while but I bet it's getting pretty gnarly with all the rain we had this monsoon season. It was the third wettest monsoon season in Tucson all time but number 1 & 2 were before I was born. Have fun, report back, and post a few pics. It's the trail I run more than any other so would like to hear your thoughts. Good luck!

Thanks for all the input, but I ended up not going. Everyone was on side by sides or dirtbikes and to me thats like going by myself when it comes to recovery options.

I still really want to do this trail, maybe we can organize a ROTM for the tucson crowd in Nov/Dec time frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom