Change my IPF for Hella? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, all.

Got a set of Hella 1000s for Xmas, and now I have to decide where to mount them. The PO had some really nice IPF fogs professionally installed on the ARB bullbar, which I like but the yellow is just not bright enough for my tastes (or driving style). Wondering if I should just switch in the Hellas and put the IPFs in a box.

I am assuming that the Hellas will substitute for the IPF fogs - use the same switch, relay, wiring, etc. Only problem I can see is the IPFs have 2 settings (Hi and Lo??) while the Hellas are just on/off, but I wouldn't think that would be a problem.

Anybody with any great ideas? My roof rack is only 3/4, mounted to the rear, and I am worried the Hellas that far back will reflect down into the cabin through the moonroof. The top antenna mounts seem awfully exposed, as the tracks I drive usually have lots of brush/branches to push through. I'd really like to keep both, but can't see a clean way to do it. Thanks for all the help,

Larry

Are your blubs yellow or is it the lens? I would keep the IPF if possible and sell or return the Hella's for something else needed or wanted. IPF is a great product and the high/low setting are great.

IPF is simply the best - keep em and change the lens - the Hella are so/so

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom