Center Console Wireless Charging Solution (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2006 LC owner here.

Today I discovered that the center console compartment has a cup holder in it. Mind is blown. Seems cool but not functional at the same time. Why would anyone keep that compartment lid open to house their supersize drinks?

In any case, I (accidentally) discovered it while trying to figure out what a center console compartment wireless charging solution could look like. I'm thinking a cradle that sits in the top compartment which has a round anker wireless charger fitted in it which plugs into a USB car adaptor in the compartment below.

Thinking using this as a baseline:

but then modifying the design to fit our center consoles. Before I learn Fusion 360 and spend the time to do this, wondering if anybody else has perhaps already figured this out.

The use case btw is to get into the car, open the compartment plop the phone in, set and forget while it wireless carplays to a unit mounted on the dash.

thanks!

Downside with location is the phone isn't accessible.

A suction cup mounted wireless charger is what I've been using for a while now. But I'm limited with the integrated nav/ac unit.

Downside with location is the phone isn't accessible.

A suction cup mounted wireless charger is what I've been using for a while now. But I'm limited with the integrated nav/ac unit.

Yeah. I've been using my phone windshield mounted using a RAM mount and plugged into a USB charger using a lightning cable.

Then I discovered wireless CarPlay and have become totally spoilt. Now I want the phone, charger, plug all hidden from plain sight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom