Wanted Can't afford a Toyota, so i'm looking for a Lexus. ISO LX570 2008-2012 $25k or below. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I never thought i would hear myself say this, but lately i have been giving the LX570s a lot of thought because the LCs are priced about $5k more for the same years and similar mileage/condition. Maybe it's Lexus depreciating faster than Toyota, and maybe it's because there are a lot more LXs for sale than LCs. Normally it is the other way around, as in you look at Toyotas when you can't afford a Lexus. Personally i would rather rock the Toyota badge, but it is hard to turn down the pricing appeal of the LXs when comparing them to 200 series LCs.

Not only is the initial purchase price cheaper by a good amount, the fact that AHC eliminates most of the need for suspension upgrade/lift saves me even more money. If i get a LC, i am for sure upgrading the suspension. If i get an LX with AHC, i don't feel the need to do anything but upgrade the tires, at least for a while.

It's another plus that many of the LXs i have looked at looks like it has never been wheeled hard, like the kind of wheeling you'd expect out of an LC owner. I also like the versatility, as in i can put good tires on it and it will be quite capable stock and get me most places, but i can also have the height lowered so my grandpa and dog can get in more easily! Having my dog be able to get in and out easily is a big plus, as he will be with me quite often.

To me the LC is the car i want if i was the only person to ride in it, but the LX is the car i want if i wanted to make sure that my friends and family (including dog) can be comfortable with it as well.

With all that said, i am looking for a well-taken-care-of 2008-2012 LX570 (whichever years do not have the hourglass grills), or maybe a really good deal on a 200 series LC ;)? I am looking to keep it $25k or below, but will entertain anything close. I know it's a stretch but I am in no rush and really am trying to hold out for a good deal. Any leads will be greatly appreciated!

I will appreciate advice as well if anyone thinks i should really hold out longer and save money/look harder for an LC, as well as advice from anyone who thinks the LX makes more sense for someone like me. Has anyone gotten an LX and wished they had gone with an LC instead? Or vice versa? Thoughts?

Last edited:
That's it for now. Promise i will get some better pictures. Still figuring out the best way to upload photos to mud.

Again, I can't thank everyone enough for steering me down this direction. I can't help but feel blessed driving this thing around!

DSC05884.png

DSC05886.png

DSC05887.png

That exterior has a great shine to it, looks great with the background lighting. Given the price you mentioned, nice find!

Interior looking good? If I can get my LX470 sold for anywhere around $12K, you convinced me it's an easy spend for another $7-8K to trade up.

That exterior has a great shine to it, looks great with the background lighting. Given the price you mentioned, nice find!

Interior looking good? If I can get my LX470 sold for anywhere around $12K, you convinced me it's an easy spend for another $7-8K to trade up.

I will get you photos today. I have zero complaints about the interior so you know what's coming. I plan on making a video explaining why i am REALLY GLAD i went for the LX570 specifically over a 470/200 LC, even though when i started my search months ago, i was only looking specifically for 70 series LCs. I went through the motions and considered everything from the 80s series til now, and the LX is hands down the best for my intended use.

After using her to chauffeur my friends around for the wedding, as well as around town, i really appreciate the ability to go from high to low clearance. I love being able to get clearance when i want to have some fun with her, and still retain the class when i need her to look classy for certain occasions.

At first it was the money factor that steered me towards the LX, as in the lower purchase price but also significantly lower cost to get her on 33s and off-road worthy (stock minus rims and tires). We are talking like 10k difference (for the years i am looking at) to get an LC purchased, and then modding it to match the stock LX capabilities. Even after you spend all that money it is still not the same... as in you either have it off-road worthy or you keep it low for easy access, but you can't have both. Only in the LX can you drive the same car through a desert during the day, and still show up to your friends wedding with some class the same night. THAT, to me, makes it better for what i want out of a car. It took me a lot to get to this realization and it's been a long road getting this car, which is why i plan on making a video explaining what I've learned in the process, so that i don't keep spamming you guys with these essays XD.

My dream car is still a 70 series with portal axles, manual transmission, built-in pop top, and a turbo diesel, but i am at least 5 years from being able to afford that. I will just say that until then, there is nothing better for me than this LX.

I have not driven an LX470 but the fact that they sell for almost as much as a 570 is why i leaned towards 570 in the first place, so if you have that chance it sounds like a solid decision to move forward. Also the 5.7 and the 8500 towing capacity is the second reason.

Let me know if i can be of help! Remember i am in Raleigh NC and would gladly check out any within my area for you.

A few interior shots. Did this while at work so i had to make it quick. If you want any specific shots let me know. The PO had 4 kids which explains all the DVD players in the headrest.

DSC05888.png

DSC05889.png

DSC05890.png

DSC05891.png

DSC05892.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom