Calling 2h owners with aftermarket temp gauges? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just hoping to get a bit of a survey of what temp you are running at in your 2h's on aftermarket gauges please.

These measurements/ observations are in winter season Victoria, Oz ambient temp 14c or 57f.

When I cruise on freeway 2100 rpm, oil pressure around 70psi my temp is around 68c or 154f.

When I am idling in city traffic 650-700ish rpm, oil pressure 41- 50 psi my temp is around 77c or 170f. Temp drops as soon as start moving in traffic.

Going up steep long hills for about 10km or 6ish miles in 2nd or 3rd gear with moderate load of 300kg or 660pounds, 2000rpm, 70psi , temp rises to 85c or 185f, then fan clutch kicks in and brings temp down.

My temp gauge is a thermo couple which bolts to the head, aussie watchdog engine guard.
My factory temp gauge doesn't move much. Oil pressure is autometer digital gauge.
My thermostat is the 82c variety oem.

Just recently I have had an increase in temp at idle, for about 100,000km it was around 68c or 154f, summer or winter. It has raised out of the blue. Whilst still within spec, I like to keep an eye on it in mind for summer and towing heavy.

Pressure tested cooling system, holds spec pressure, no leaks. Fresh coolant.

Hi,

When the engine is cool, oil pressure is about 570 kpa in idle, and until the engine reachs operating temp, pressure is between 550kpa and 630kpa. When the engine reachs operating temperature, pressure drops 330kpa, and idle stays 130kpa. Temperature-wise, stay 80-83 C, and when I pushed it hard to the hill, it would climb to 89-90 degrees.

Temputure prop is in the upper rad hose and the thermostat is OEM 88C.

I am preparing the swap with 6bt. Finally, climbing hills will be fun.

I am preparing a 6bt for the 60 series. Yeap 2H is a really good and robust engine, and mine is 350K on the clock however, I am planning to get an offroad camper and my 60 configured for touring. 2H is not a fast and powerful engine to accomplish such a task. I need an engine that is strong and robust as 2H and a little bit powerful so I decide to put a 6bt in it. (and it is a 6 banger =) ) I am not gonna tune the 6bt for crazy power, just a little more than the 2H. I am planning the use H55F and I don't wanna blend all internals of H55F with the power of 6bt.

I am preparing a 6bt for the 60 series. Yeap 2H is a really good and robust engine, and mine is 350K on the clock however, I am planning to get an offroad camper and my 60 configured for touring. 2H is not a fast and powerful engine to accomplish such a task. I need an engine that is strong and robust as 2H and a little bit powerful so I decide to put a 6bt in it. (and it is a 6 banger =) ) I am not gonna tune the 6bt for crazy power, just a little more than the 2H. I am planning the use H55F and I don't wanna blend all internals of H55F with the power of 6bt.
Sounds like a challenge! I imagine something stronger than the h55f 5th gear could be better.
6bt is legendary, makes me wonder why folks don't just go a ram instead. Is the cruiser running gear better? (without personal bias!, they look better)

Happy with the 2h, I don't want to go faster in the bush or one of the many logging trucks would take me out for sure. They go much faster than me and are much bigger. A wombat to me would be like running over a log, I wouldn't be able to sleep with myself.
The trucks just mow the poor fellows down without care.
2h is strong enough for me too, just got 11km/l at 90km/h which is pretty good to me.

Sounds like a challenge! I imagine something stronger than the h55f 5th gear could be better.
6bt is legendary, makes me wonder why folks don't just go a ram instead. Is the cruiser running gear better? (without personal bias!, they look better)

Happy with the 2h, I don't want to go faster in the bush or one of the many logging trucks would take me out for sure. They go much faster than me and are much bigger. A wombat to me would be like running over a log, I wouldn't be able to sleep with myself.
The trucks just mow the poor fellows down without care.
2h is strong enough for me too, just got 11km/l at 90km/h which is pretty good to me.
Yeap, you are right; 5th gear is also my fear. I wanna modify my gearbox; however, finding an alternative is hard in Turkiye. Changing transmission create more complication for the swap, changing the drive shaft lengths and finding a transfer case suitable for the trans. Using a Toyota transfer case is not possible. Because reaching an adapter kit is a challenging task. So, just machining an adapter plate is much easier and less complicated.

I will try to tune the 6bt in the lower end. I don't wanna put extra stress on 5th gear.
Ram is never sold in Turkiye. So, I found my 6bt from a dump truck =). Another alternative to 6bt is 4bd; I have gone with 6 bangers with no logical explanation except I wanna 6 bangers.

2H is a great engine. But finding replacement parts is getting harder. And most of the Turkiye is hilly. On the strait road, 2H has no problem with 90km/h; however, when a little hill appears, it drops 40-50km/h. I will not go faster than 90km/h or 100km/h; I just wanna go 90km/h everywhere with A/C.

Yeap, you are right; 5th gear is also my fear. I wanna modify my gearbox; however, finding an alternative is hard in Turkiye. Changing transmission create more complication for the swap, changing the drive shaft lengths and finding a transfer case suitable for the trans. Using a Toyota transfer case is not possible. Because reaching an adapter kit is a challenging task. So, just machining an adapter plate is much easier and less complicated.

I will try to tune the 6bt in the lower end. I don't wanna put extra stress on 5th gear.
Ram is never sold in Turkiye. So, I found my 6bt from a dump truck =). Another alternative to 6bt is 4bd; I have gone with 6 bangers with no logical explanation except I wanna 6 bangers.

2H is a great engine. But finding replacement parts is getting harder. And most of the Turkiye is hilly. On the strait road, 2H has no problem with 90km/h; however, when a little hill appears, it drops 40-50km/h. I will not go faster than 90km/h or 100km/h; I just wanna go 90km/h everywhere with A/C.
yes , whether parts are accessible would be very deciding. big job.

2h never set speed records. Know a mate building nitro funny car engines, they fly him all over the world, they go 100kmh by the time the rear wheel reaches where the front was from start! Engine is one time use. Don't forget your parachute.

Nothing against a six, when I was real young I had a six in a cortina, big engine in a little car:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom