Buying Advice / Should I buy this GX? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Aloha. Longtime lurker, first time poster. Thanks to this community, I’ve been learning, but never owned one of these rigs... yet.

Thanks for any advice on this potential purchase:

Dealer Asking: $10.5k
Year: 2006
Mileage: 197k
Recent TB/H20 Pump Service
2 Owner / No Accident / Decent Service Records
Socal
Non-Nav

Thanks to anyone who weighs in :)

Is it in a color combo you absolutely love both exterior wise and interior wise? If yes, then sure go for it. If not, then I would keep looking. That price, in my opinion, seems rather high. For reference I bought back in November of last year my gx for $12,500. It is a single owner car from a dealer with service records every 5k at the dealer including the timing belt / waterpump. It had 4 brand new michellin tires installed at the deal a few hundred miles before i bought it and it only had 112k miles on the clock. I think I overpaid slightly but it had the interior color I wanted and my daily just died and I needed a car and this one was the best of the bunch.

Make of my anecdote as you will. Regions also makes a difference. I am in South Florida where used cars seem to be a bit less expensive and no car down here has rust.

For reference, for $10k you can come down to Miami and buy this 06 with 59k miles.
I am not affiliated in any way with this ad. I found it last night but I figured it might help you in your buying process.

Wow!! Thank you both for taking the time to reply. I appreciate your wisdom.

That 59k vehicle in Miami seems to be a great deal! I feel like in SoCal Region that rig would start @ like 15k. Everything low mileage seems to be in that price range or up.

Thank you again. The search continues... perhaps involving a flight to Miami ;)

For reference, for $10k you can come down to Miami and buy this 06 with 59k miles.
I am not affiliated in any way with this ad. I found it last night but I figured it might help you in your buying process.

Wow what i find ! This rig will go fast. I wish to have room for second one 🤗

200k is just break in . 10k is ok if car was from private seller who is car guy who took care who would talk and talk about stuff that was done. Hood history is $$$ and i would rather get gx with 300k well taken care miles but from dealer who cant say anything ? Hell nooo.

I could bet money that 59k for 10k has something wrong with it. rust, flood, mechanical issues... It would have been sold in a day. Dealerships know what sells and for what price. its been up for a week which tells me everyone that has gone to see it has walked.

I hate to be a sourpuss but I kind of agree with @Tanner H
That truck in FL is too good to be true IMO.

What I think is more likely is that that gx sold after a short period of time, say a day or two, and the poster is too lazy to remove the link so he is just ignoring it.
It could have been a seller who wanted to sell the car for more than a dealer was offering than trade-in but wanted a faster than normal sale.

Don’t know what you are in the market for but I am getting ready to put my 2004 GX470 up for sale. I am located in central Missouri. It is a DD and regular maintenance has been done. Feel free to call, text five7three429two272 or email pjoyner731 at gmail dot com For more details or photos. Voodoo Cruisers LLC, in Southern IL, has done the majority of the up fitting and maintenance. Timing belt and water pump completed at 106,619. 146,553 is on the odometer now. No KDSS and has been converted from NAV to non-NAV. 2.5” OME medium lift. Dash is cracked. All three rows of seat are in great shape, no tears.

A7A81FC8-D560-4BA1-BA1D-934EB6E48875.jpeg

8058A81F-3551-4EA8-B463-535C06819A02.jpeg

I need to book a plane ticket to Miami. Cars like that here around ATL are bringing a lot more than that. That's a $15K car up here...at least what a dealer would ask for it. And I like that color combination.

I need to book a plane ticket to Miami. Cars like that here around ATL are bringing a lot more than that. That's a $15K car up here...at least what a dealer would ask for it. And I like that color combination.

I'm in the same boat--in Atlanta and just looked at an '05 GX 470 with 190K miles. Dealer is asking $8,000 and it's in pretty good shape cosmetically, but there are no Lexus service records, so hard to say what shape it's in mechanically. I'm planning to take it to my mechanic for an inspection before we finalize but am getting cold feet. Tough to find decently low mileage truck for a reasonable price here in ATL.

I'm in the same boat--in Atlanta and just looked at an '05 GX 470 with 190K miles. Dealer is asking $8,000 and it's in pretty good shape cosmetically, but there are no Lexus service records, so hard to say what shape it's in mechanically. I'm planning to take it to my mechanic for an inspection before we finalize but am getting cold feet. Tough to find decently low mileage truck for a reasonable price here in ATL.

If that is the white one at Hennessy Lexus...I test drove that same GX Saturday morning. I took a pass on it based on the fact that it has been involved in 2 accidents, and as you noted, no service records whatsoever. The vehicle felt solid and drove well...but given what I intend to do with it, and without know what damage it had, I couldn't bring myself to bite on it.

You are correct...it is hard to find a decent, low(ish) mileage GX without accident damage here in ATL. Everybody here seems to drive their vehicles to near death while bouncing them off everyone else's car. I don't drive wrecked vehicles...I don't wreck them myself, and don't really want to inherit anyone else's mess.

Good luck in your search...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom