Bucky Needs Your Help! Missing Part. Who's Got One? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bucky has a four speed with a three speed transfer case. I just removed the old three speed case and installed a four speed case. Apparently the four speed case requires a spacer between the trans and transfer case. Mr. T calls it an Input Bearing Stopper (see pic).

trasnfer case.jpg

I am missing this stupid spacer. Anybody got one? I checked with Georg and he says he doesn't think he does. PM me if you have one you'd sell.

Thanks,

Dave

I don't think this one can be just cut out of pipe. It's not the spacer inside the case (which can easily be cut out of pipe). It's the one between the trans and the case. It would need to be a pretty exact dimension, otherwise the gear behind it would not align properly. Too short, and everything binds up. Too long and the gear does not ride correctly. If anybody knows the dimensions of this spacer, please chime in and I'll have a machine shop to cut me one.

Last edited:
I don't think this one can be just cut out of pipe.
If @fj55-100 says it can be cut from pipe I 100% believe he's done it more than once and that case is still running today.
If someone post the dimensions I’m happy to machine one here and send it to you if I have the right size material in the shop.

All right, a follow up: I spoke with @65swb45 (Mark) yesterday and got the dimensions. I'm looking into either fabbing my own or having them CNC'd. I'll update this post when they're complete in the event someone wants extra. In the meantime, this stopper's dimensions (thanks Mark!):

Length (Most Critical Dimension): 23.5 mm
Inner Diameter: 32.5 mm (makes sense as the splined shaft is a 32 mm OD)
Outer Diameter: 50.0 mm

Mark, I should have also asked for the PTO spacer dimensions. If I'm having some of these made I might as well make both. Yeah?

Regards

Calvin

Thanks @fj55-100! I'll check with Mark and see if he still has these. That thread was from 2018, so he could be out again. Either way, knowing the dimensions is half the battle. I removed the case and stacked the gears and spacers on the trans output shaft and came up with dimensions that I thought would work using PVC for mock-up. It looks like I was spot on except that my length was short by 3mm (insert joke). I'm sure it would have worked fine, but it's nice to know the actual numbers.

Last edited:
Length (Most Critical Dimension): 23.5 mm
Inner Diameter: 32.5 mm (makes sense as the splined shaft is a 32 mm OD)
Outer Diameter: 50.0 mm

Woohoo, cool community. I was about to post this info but you beat me to it. I gathered info on the dimensions but never had them fabricated.

Last edited:
I found one! My friend @Cirbo is local to me and he just happens to have what I am looking for. With any luck, I’ll have Bucky back on the road this weekend. The LC community continues to impress.

I just happened to have mine on the bench from my FJ40.

For reference if any one needs to make one, it’s 24.5mm.

301E4B05-A2FC-425B-BFAB-28E533412DD2.jpeg

2260593E-998C-49AD-A2C4-210938545232.jpeg

Transfer case is back in and working fabulously. Hauled four kids, three RC crawlers and a dog out to do some hiking and scale rock crawling. Bucky ran great!
D3ECDCA0-6257-48D9-9F2F-409456D3058F.jpeg

EB4988ED-0FEE-4903-B49F-13520A765BBB.jpeg

F88324E6-C96A-48C7-BF1A-73893575525F.jpeg

93D6B271-E785-4E70-ADF2-FD30CABAA43D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom