booster seat with harness for off road driving? what do you guys use for your bigger little guys? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.toyota-4runner.org
my boy is finally ready for a booster seat but i'd still like to retain the harness for him as i feel like it's much more secure when i'm driving on the trails and bouncing the guy around, all i've been able to find is UTV style booster seats but those won't really work as they're held in place by the 5 point harness the utv already provides.

what have you guys come up with in this sense or am i just over thinking this and just get your standard run of the mill booster seat?

thanks for the help!

I bought the biggest seat I could find and kept my kids in them until they grew so big they weren't safe in the harness anymore. Now, they ride in boosters with a shoulder belt. I find ski helmets work very well to keep heads from banging on the side of the rig or the windows on those tippy sections. I am seriously considering putting racing seats in just to have the harnesses again.

Did the same when the kids were little, I had 3 so I put the two little ones on the outside in car seats.. oldest in the middle on a booster.. by the time they are 5 or 6 they get it and would cheer when we hit hard.. that was in a 80 series never took them in the 40 until they were older.. biggest problem was them getting sick not being able to see out on mountain roads getting there..

like the helmet idea.. maybe the next generation..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom