Blue Sea Fuse Block Mounting Location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

boozewz

SILVER Star
Threads
Can we see some pics of where you guys have mounted these inside the wagon? Most of the images are in the "what have you done this week" thread, so the search wasn't too helpful.

I am debating to put mine in the cargo hold above the bottle jack storage.

Can either insert it flat horizontally

Doing it this way enables me to insert the nuts from under via the bottle jack hold to ensure the fuse block is fully secure.

Or install vertically, but not sure how I'll get to access the back of that to install nuts. Or the 4 screws without nuts should do the job and hold the fuse block firmly?

Lets see your set ups!

Cheers

That's kinda awesome you have that compartment there, so does that mean your woofer is on the other side or just moved forward? I mounted a small fuse block and neg bus in the back where the bottle jack is, not a lot of room so had to keep it small and seperated the two. Pic is not the greatest.

For your setup I'd go vertical if you can manage to use sheet screws and a gasket of rvt/silicone glue and I would think you'd be fine. Sure would look cleaner IMO, plus easier to screw in your wires since you can get a reg screwdriver to it more easily.

IMG_20170325_104455.jpg

That's kinda awesome you have that compartment there, so does that mean your woofer is on the other side or just moved forward? I mounted a small fuse block and neg bus in the back where the bottle jack is, not a lot of room so had to keep it small and seperated the two. Pic is not the greatest.

For your setup I'd go vertical if you can manage to use sheet screws and a gasket of rvt/silicone glue and I would think you'd be fine. Sure would look cleaner IMO, plus easier to screw in your wires since you can get a reg screwdriver to it more easily.

View attachment 1427897

I think it means his didn't come with a subwoofer...

That space might be a little tight when you add the tangle of thick wires going in and coming out of the box.

I vote for vertical too. You should be able to mount it with some VHB tape. I had the same blue sea setup in my 4Runner mounted with VHB tape and it never came lose.

And I'm sure you noticed, but you can run the main power and negative cords in to each end of the cover a few different ways (entering straight down from top or straight up from bottom in your vertical pic) or from either side (both wires coming in from left in your vertical pic), slots cut in the cover allow you to do so. If you run it the latter way it will help keep you wires tighter.

View attachment 1427897

I think it means his didn't come with a subwoofer...

Yes sir, this came without the subwoofer. Not sure which spec'd 200s those came on.

That space might be a little tight when you add the tangle of thick wires going in and coming out of the box.

I have that concern too. Was hoping to see a few more shots of set ups guys here have. This is the set up on my 62. A bit more room to play with.

I vote for vertical too. You should be able to mount it with some VHB tape. I had the same blue sea setup in my 4Runner mounted with VHB tape and it never came lose.

Thanks. I think the sheet screw @Mogwai mentioned and some tape/silicon would do the trick.

Not planning to run much from back here except a fridge, and a USB/cig lighter charger combo.

Here's the spot where Slee installed the exact same box in my 200.
I would have thought it too small, but as long as you don't mind running wires under the easily-removable side panel, it makes for a very efficient use of easily accessible, protected space that tends to sit unused.

Have a look:

FullSizeRender 20.jpg

I would have thought it too small, but as long as you don't mind running wires under the easily-removable side panel, it makes for a very efficient use of easily accessible, protected space that tends to sit unused.

Have a look:

View attachment 1428643

Yeah, that really does works well for that otherwise worthless space. Good fuse access. Very Slee'd.

Have a look:

View attachment 1428643

Very cool set up.

Thanks for sharing.

Very cool set up.

Thanks for sharing.

It feeds not only the two outlets pictured, but also 5 others.
-Two more in back on that side...two in the same spot on the other side...and a fifth hidden on the left wheel well under the left drawer fitting.

So that one little space feeds all 7 outlets. 3 twin USB outlets and 4 12-volt outlets. Seems like overkill, but I've used all of them at various times.

That's the perfect spot. What routing did Slee use to get the power back there? On my 100, I routed 2ga down the frame rail and up through two grommets in the rear below the lights (and behind the OE bumper). Similar routing for the 100? While 2ga is admittedly overkill, I would want to run at least 8 or 10ga to handle all reaquired loads without voltage drop or it heating up.

That's the perfect spot. What routing did Slee use to get the power back there? On my 100, I routed 2ga down the frame rail and up through two grommets in the rear below the lights (and behind the OE bumper). Similar routing for the 100? While 2ga is admittedly overkill, I would want to run at least 8 or 10ga to handle all reaquired loads without voltage drop or it heating up.

I'd guess through the firewall, through the door sills, and then up through the quarter panel? I went that route with 6 awg and wouldn't recommend anything heavier due to lack of space, especially fitting around the B-pillar. Like you, I'd consider running something heavier for extensibility via the undercarriage if I had it to do over again. I also wish I'd run the electrical prior to installing drawers for better access to the quarter panel.

6ga quality wire should adequately cover a fridge, lights, and water pump. Conservatively that gives 40A at 20 feet. Even with everything on I doubt I'd be much over 20A continuous.

Did you route in throught the factory nipples at the OE harness bulkhead?

6ga quality wire should adequately cover a fridge, lights, and water pump. Conservatively that gives 40A at 20 feet. Even with everything on I doubt I'd be much over 20A continuous.

Did you route in through the factory nipples at the OE harness bulkhead?

Yep, I went right through the boot on the passenger side firewall. It's helpful to remove the nearby kickplate. I also had to run some coax for the ham radio.

I mounted mine on the wing section of my drawers. I ran a 6 gauge wire through the firewall and under the sills along the passenger side. I also added 2 12 volt sockets and a dual USB. I didn’t take enough pictures. I doubt usually think about it until I’m finished.

C0934F0A-3125-40EF-BB5B-E942F8809A37.jpeg

EABD26A4-BED7-4F05-B9B3-89C9342B0562.jpeg

52000405-6F64-47DE-8548-E063BFB0A77A.jpeg

I mounted mine on the wing section of my drawers. I ran a 6 gauge wire through the firewall and under the sills along the passenger side. I also added 2 12 volt sockets and a dual USB. I didn’t take enough pictures. I doubt usually think about it until I’m finished.

View attachment 1628702

View attachment 1628703

View attachment 1628704

Mine is in the same spot but farther towards the rear so all I need to go is lift the storage side pocket to check fuses. Looks like you'd have to unscrew the plate to check fuses?

Mine is in the same spot but farther towards the rear so all I need to go is lift the storage side pocket to check fuses. Looks like you'd have to unscrew the plate to check fuses?

You would have to unscrew the wing, but I felt like this was not in the way as much. I don’t expect to have to change fuses frequently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom