Black Rhino 13 Killed in Motorcycle Accident (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Oh my!!! He was great guy! We only got to wheel together once, but was hoping to hang out on the trails this summer.

For those of you who may be unaware, Christopher Tucker known as Black Rhino 13 on the forum was killed...

Hi, I'm down in Salmon, ID. I was actually interested in buying Chris' LC last year when Catherine put it up for sale. I couldn't get the money together unfortunately. Just wondering if you know who bought it, and if its still around Missoula. I'd love to take a look at it next time I do a Costco run. Any idea how to get a hold of Catherine? Thx -Mike

No idea how to get hold of her, but I did spot her last week driving down Reserve in it.

No idea how to get hold of her, but I did spot her last week driving down Reserve in it.

Thanks for getting back to me. One of my questions for Catherine would be: does she remember who Chris used to get his rims powder-coated. He had them done right there in Missoula, and was very happy with the price and the work. He neglected to leave a note in his build thread as to which outfit he used. Would you be able to recommend a good powder-coater up there in Missoula? I want to get my rims done.

Dud this out of an old email chain with Chris: Clark Industrial, I had them sand the chrome down and then powder coat them with a two step process, they look like polished aluminum. They look great. I think I may have gotten a pretty good deal. They normally charge $50.00 per rim, but I knew the guy that does the powder coating and he let me have them for $45.00.

Let us know how is works out. Thanks.

since you asked, Clark Industrial (ph: 273-6030) will powder coat bare steel or painted rims for $65 each ($75 if they have any chrome on them). The price includes sand-blasting and a day in the oven to 'bake off' any oils and other residues which might compromise good adhesion of the powder coat. Bare rims can be dropped off anytime, (all rubber and plastics must be removed). Expect a 7-10 day turn around. So, next time I go to Missoula, I think I'll have mine done in a black satin, or low-gloss finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom