******Black Balsam 2015, October 15-18 ****** (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I figure we may as well get a thread going for this year's Black Balsam trip. These dates will not interfere with the Low Country guys' boil, or Southern Cruiser Crawl, so we should be good.

If you have never been to this event, you will have a great time. It's only a 2-3 mile moderate trail (You will scratch your paint, if that concerns you). It's not really a wheeling event, we will be hanging out at camp relaxing/hiking/telling stories for the most part.

I hope many of you can make it.

Schedule

Thursday
Marshall is going up Thursday sometime and attempting to hike or car camp in Cullowhee Thursday night. More of a scouting trip. Anyone is welcome to come.

Friday

Friday morning Marshall and his group will hit Black Balsam
If you have no idea where you are going and want to follow a group in just post up in this thread. I'm sure we can form a couple groups on going in. Trail is not difficult but you will get pin striping, a lot of it. The trail is tight. A stock 80 or 60 on road tires should have no issue with the trail as long as you go slow.

Saturday

We usually take a trip out Saturday and go eat lunch at Pisgah Inn. Pisgah Inn | The Peak of the Parkway

We usually leave out at 10 and get there around 11-11:30. Usually have people meet us there who just want to hang out for a couple hours. Then most of the group heads back to camp or some go up to Mt Mitchell but that's a ton of driving there and back. A good 4 hrs. But if the weather is really nice it's worth it.

Saturday night
Pot Luck. Bring something to share with people. Doesn't have to be a huge portion but don't bring a can of soup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ughh, I'd like to make this, but I have another obligation that weekend.

I would have even macheted (sp?) the 2-3 mile trail clear so I wouldn't scratch my paint.... :flipoff2: Maybe next year....

I'm in ,already took time off.

Should be there. Trying to get the wife to come up as well.

I'm sure people will be camping Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. I will probably come up after work Thursday night. Maybe Friday morning. Not sure yet.

I plan on Friday and Saturday nights

@FJ Junkie , you coming again? If you do, please drag @JohnVee with you. We need a good cook.

Have to double check work schedule, but I should be there.

Edit: Confirmed that I have the weekend off. Can leave on Friday morning. Now I just need to get the 80 running properly...

Last edited:
I'm sure people will be camping Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. I will probably come up after work Thursday night. Maybe Friday morning. Not sure yet.

Impressive we used to have trouble getting folks to camp more than one night in the gales of BB, the club has gotten more hardcore while I've been gone..... looking forward to it :beer:

Impressive we used to have trouble getting folks to camp more than one night in the gales of BB, the club has gotten more hardcore while I've been gone..... looking forward to it :beer:
The weather was perfect last year, clear skies and sunny the whole time. 40s and 50s during the day and upper teens/low twenties at night. We were able to make fires every night and morning because it wasn't super windy. So, with that being said, it will probably be the opposite this year:flipoff2:.

We drive wagons so it doesn't matter!

Almost lol. Got a buddy heater now though.

@FJ Junkie , you coming again? If you do, please drag @JohnVee with you. We need a good cook.
I'm sure you've got the food thing covered. I'd like to make it this year but it'll be a much later decision for me. Not positive about Sarah but I'm sure she's planning on it.

...via IH8MUD app

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom