******Black Balsam 2015, October 15-18 ****** (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Going to try to bring the trailer?
Yeah I'm going to bring the trailer. With the family coming I will have to bring everything but the kitchen sink im sure!

Okay, so it looks like I'll be traveling with work. There's an outside chance that I'll be back in time to make it, but it's doubtful at this point. :( The 80 is being repaired so that it's ready just in case.

I don't want no stinkin excuses Jeremy!

The 80 can handle the mild pin-striping :flipoff2: Honestly though, if I'm anywhere in the southeast at that time, I will be there.
If you stay for more than 6 hours, you'll beat last year's time:flipoff2::deadhorse:.

I plan to be there by supper time on Friday the 16th. Is anyone getting there Thursday night this year?

Yes most likely I will be there Thursday. Haven't decided if I may even go up earlier and go back to The Whee. I am planning on being up in the wooded area again if there is wind. Last year it was really nice.

If you stay for more than 6 hours, you'll beat last year's time:flipoff2::deadhorse:.
You must be mistaking me for @tnkayaker or the man with the 70 series. I was the voice of reason when you wanted to hang out with the hippie drummers! :flipoff2:

Don't be mad because you guys didn't join me in the sweat lodge that night.

Can't make it for obvious reasons. Da%§it. But just checking in anyhow.

Well, it isn't Germany and it sure aint Black Balsam. This was Austria last weekend. We went mountain biking. Biking is a loose term used to describe putting a bike (full suspension - 180 to 250 mm of travel) on a ski lift, going up to 2092 meters, mustering the nuts to get on the thing and aiming it down a 'trail'. Biking trail is single track that would make an 80 series happy on any given wheeling trip. And periodically there were cows in the way too.
The town we ended up in was at 500 meters so all in all a little over 5000 foot descent over 6.5 kilometers of trail.
I can start a thread for pictures from over here if everyone is interested. Lots of Unimogs and Defenders.
Austria.jpg

Well, it isn't Germany and it sure aint Black Balsam. This was Austria last weekend. We went mountain biking. Biking is a loose term used to describe putting a bike (full suspension - 180 to 250 mm of travel) on a ski lift, going up to 2092 meters, mustering the nuts to get on the thing and aiming it down a 'trail'. Biking trail is single track that would make an 80 series happy on any given wheeling trip. And periodically there were cows in the way too.
The town we ended up in was at 500 meters so all in all a little over 5000 foot descent over 6.5 kilometers of trail.
I can start a thread for pictures from over here if everyone is interested. Lots of Unimogs and Defenders.
View attachment 1128695
Yes please!

Bump, only a month out!

The wife is considering coming with me this year. So, we'll see how that goes.

Sorry to continue posting, I feel like a drama queen here! My work trip was pushed back a bit further and I am now "in" for Black Balsam this year. Now to fix the 80 so I can get some fresh new pinstripes...

Bump, only a month out!

The wife is considering coming with me this year. So, we'll see how that goes.
My wife is coming. May bring my cousin ad well but he is on his own sleep arrangements wise.

My wife is coming. May bring my cousin ad well but he is on his own sleep arrangements wise.
Yeah, we'll see if the wife ends up coming. She doesn't camp much, so I'd like her trip to be a good one. If high winds/bad weather in general or in the forecast, she will probably stay home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom