Best Overlanding near Greer/Eastern AZ? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pretty sure AZ residents are not allowed in NM currently, either (or must isolate themselves... Like camping?).

For these reasons, eastern AZ is somewhat limited currently. This is why I just got back from a few days in southern UT (Markagunt and Paunsaugunt Plateaus). I never camped below 10k feet, and social distancing was super-easy

View attachment 2393886

View attachment 2393887

I go to Southern UT quite often, mostly to Vermillion Cliffs/Glen Canyon area. I'll have to check out this area though, looks awesome!

One more thing, I hiked Baldy in the monsoon one year. Being near the top in a thunder storm was not fun. One of my scariest nature moments. Made for a good story, unless you ask my wife about it.

The monsoon storms around Big Lake can be frightening.

I am unfamiliar with the Tribal regulations regarding camping and stuff. How do I go about getting permits and whatnot? I know almost everything with Navajo is closed right now due to COVID.

The White Mountain Apache reservation is closed to non-residents right now, so it is a no-go. Normally, I think you can buy permits online.

Hmmmm, sure seems like an American citizen can travel to any state. I’ll have to dig deeper, but that sounds like yet another overreach.

New York is mandating people from a long list of states (including Arizona) must quarantine for 14 days, and now they're setting up checkpoints to enforce it with fines up to $10,000 for non-compliance. o_O

Yeah it's pretty much my backyard, it's been killing me not being able to go to Reservation lake this year. I would suggest looking at West fork of the Black or even further south towards Reno lookout, East fork is crawling with people on the weekends. We just got done spending 2 weeks up there camping.

IMG_20200708_151621.jpg

IMG_20200726_143421.jpg

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200702101854238_COVER.jpg

IMG_20200702_051600.jpg

IMG_20200702_051544.jpg

Yeah it's pretty much my backyard, it's been killing me not being able to go to Reservation lake this year. I would suggest looking at West fork of the Black or even further south towards Reno lookout, East fork is crawling with people on the weekends. We just got done spending 2 weeks up there camping.

View attachment 2397686

View attachment 2397688

View attachment 2397689

View attachment 2397691

View attachment 2397692

Nice Trailer! Tell her I said Hello....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom