Best Mod for under $100 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A few auto zone or Amazon goodies iv added ....
This jerry can tool box I used to have mounted in the rear of my pick from Ramage
I use the tools out of this box more than my 5.5 ft snap on box in my garage ... and the drawer are removable which is convenient ... I welded two chain links on the ends of a pcs of round rod , then snapped it in where the 3rd row seat goes as a tie down point
20150903_110207.jpg

20150903_110230.jpg

Cell phone tacky pad so I don't have to use a cup holder or my crotch ( auto zone)...
Monster cable casset tape aux audio for the earlier models with out the aux port ... (amazon)
20150814_105929.jpg

It's not best :( ...lol
Super high ... gotta crank the bass all the way ... turn the treb down a bit

Why not gut the adapter and hardwire it into the system with an aux plug on the front of the factory unit. Can be done for less than $15.

My favorite mod would have to be a 12 outlet fuse block with constant power under the passenger seat.
image.png

Why not gut the adapter and hardwire it into the system with an aux plug on the front of the factory unit. Can be done for less than $15.

Bc I can build and weld anything together but a broken heart <3 ..
You lost me at hardwire... electrical is where I lack knowledge... but if it can be done maybe I'll look into it ... I'd like to just install a blue tooth system eventually ...
and I drive less than 5min to work so I kinda only listen to one song at a time ha ha

Bc I can build and weld anything together but a broken heart <3 ..
You lost me at hardwire... electrical is where I lack knowledge... but if it can be done maybe I'll look into it ... I'd like to just install a blue tooth system eventually ...
and I drive less than 5min to work so I kinda only listen to one song at a time ha ha

Maybe I'll consider doing a DIY on this. Super easy mod and cheap, most people just get uneasy taking the factory head unit apart.

Maybe I'll consider doing a DIY on this. Super easy mod and cheap, most people just get uneasy taking the factory head unit apart.
There are tons of electronic mods I'd like to but unsure
One good cheap mod iv see another member do is add multiple USB ports in the front and rear of the vehicle to power phone chargers and other devices
I thought of putting some in the ash trades of the 3rd and 4th doors for my kids

I have a ignition switched high power usb above the rear view mirror for my dash cam, and phone.

Ha! I use the panavice as the base of my iPad mount as well!

@DanKunz: From your CB pic above, it looks like its mounted right where my panavise is mounted... Did you move where you've got your 75 WX ST mounted?--or are you using a different Panavise mount for your iPad?

Also, where do you have the wiring coming through the dash/console for your 75 WX ST? --I have had the same CB for years (installed and removed from a couple former rigs) and will be installing it in my GX now and haven't quite decided where to run it through....

@DanKunz: From your CB pic above, it looks like its mounted right where my panavise is mounted... Did you move where you've got your 75 WX ST mounted?--or are you using a different Panavise mount for your iPad?

Also, where do you have the wiring coming through the dash/console for your 75 WX ST? --I have had the same CB for years (installed and removed from a couple former rigs) and will be installing it in my GX now and haven't quite decided where to run it through....

thats my 75 wx st i think your referring to ... I stowed the Lil box away under the center console behind this Lil triangle panel ... I pull remove the panel to screw on a magnet antenna when I go Wheeling ... I'll be getting a 4ft fire stick though as a permanent antenna on my rear bumper
20160105_133527.jpg

I just leave in the vehicle though it's not in the way

Possible to get a picture of how this screw in by the glove box? Thanks!
Without taking the whole thing apart right now, here's a quick pic of where the Panavise bracket goes in behind the glove box door. Its held on by two bolts, one of which is visible in the pic here, and the other is behind the glove box trim edge. They are OEM bolts that are already there. Simply take stuff apart and add in the bracket and put back together.

Out of the four Panavise brackets I have done, this seems to be one of the sturdier mounting solutions. I would not be afraid to put a 10" tablet or likewise sized laptop on it utilizing a proper shock-absorbing type arm to hold the computer. I would be hesitant to do the same on either of the LX470 Panavise brackets I have cause those ones just screw into the plastic of the dash (out of site behind the trim and in really nice spots, however). The Tacoma (first Gen) one I installed utilized the radio head unit bolts and it was also a really solid bracket

uploadfromtaptalk1452027612938.jpg

Last edited:
I can say it is strong as well
...just added a little sugru to keep it all in place
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452032999.564467.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom