Best Mod for under $100 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.markkuz.com
There was a thread like this in the 80 Series Section and thought I would start one here.
Specify for GX | FJ | 4Runner

I am putting together my list of first mods to my 05 GX 470 and I have a few Amazon cards from Christmas that need to get used.

And any FREE mods would be worth 100 Brownie Points.

20151002_224441.jpg

Cobra 75 wx st CB radio ...

$35 ham radio, $20 external antenna, $10 cable, and a $20 license!

Sent from my iPhone

A lazy thing....zip tie the hood release and let the loop sit in the Lexus logo...no more reaching under the hood!

Sent from my iPhone

I wired a fused switch and socket in the back for constant power for less than $100

Sent from my iPhone

Ha! I use the panavice as the base of my iPad mount as well!

Sent from my iPhone

$35 ham radio, $20 external antenna, $10 cable, and a $20 license!
I already have a ham radio but where did you find one for $35!

I do need to figure out a mount for my antenna and a place to mount my ham since I can have the face plate detached.

Link for this?! This would be perfect to attach the ram mount I have for my Lenovo tab I am using for nav.
I got mine off Amazon after searching the Panavise site for the correct part number. Just search for part number 75136-903 in your favorite search engine and you'll see plenty of places to purchase.

I've used them in my '02 Tacoma, '00 LX470, '05 LX470, and the '05 GX470. Install on the GX and the Taco was a cinch, the LXs were a bit more work.

I already have a ham radio but where did you find one for $35!

I do need to figure out a mount for my antenna and a place to mount my ham since I can have the face plate detached.
Not sure what radio Dan was referring to, but the Baofeng uv-5r can be found for about $35 on Amazon and elsewhere. It's proven itself to be a solid little handheld ham radio.

Last edited:
Reactions: GXO
I got mine off Amazon after searching the Panavise site for the correct part number. Just search for part number 75136-903 in your favorite search engine and you'll see plenty of places to purchase.

I've used them in my '02 Tacoma, '00 LX470, '05 LX470, and the '05 GX470. Install on the GX and the Taco was a cinch, the LXs were a bit more work.

Possible to get a picture of how this screw in by the glove box? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom