Bandeirante Bandierante activities (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

knuckle47

I can’t get enough Land Cruiser
SILVER Star
Threads
After going through the forums I have to believe the Bandierante is either mis-represented or extremely limited. Of course here in the US my exposure to Portuguese is near non-existent so I cannot read much of the information that is out there. The forums show some very limited activity. Are there parts places or people in the country who deal in parts or accessories for the very cool looking trucks?

thanks..

Even in Brazil it's getting hard to see those Bandeirantes and whenever I meet some other Band on the street or (even better) somewhere on the "trilhas" (little bit Offroad), happyness comes up :)
Very rare are the pickup versions, which serve a slittle trucks (1ton payload), most of them are already gone. Those you can still see on the road, had a though life and you can tell, it's reliable vehicle.

But still we have some good online shops, which can supply some of the important things, like brakes, bearings, hubs, diff-parts, etc.

A very good one: Autopeças Toyota Bandeirante Tração mania - https://www.tracaomania.com.br/
Use it as reference, I doubt, that they will send parts to the US, sorry.

Here a IPC

These links are so informative despite me not understanding them. So many of the images just look like the FJ40. I know it would foolish to think these parts can be interchangeable. I did a crazy update to my 14B by trying to change the diesel fuel filter and now I am waiting for a part from Japan since the mounting assembly has a faulty bleed pump diaphragm. Air in the line is my new problem. The original filter assembly had been bypassed through a inline plastic filter

your information on the Bandierante is exciting, informative and a fun read. Thank you!! Now I have a new goal to get a parts place to ship a few pieces to the US. Brakes are my next adventure.

Bom dia,

some parts are interchangeable, but many not, even if they look the same. For me it's hard to figure them a 100% out, because I never had a FJ40, only my OJ50. But what I can tell for sure:

Brakes: The disc brake version is different to the FJ40. The Band usses a way more simple system with a set of local manufactured calipers, etc. As far what I found, also the size of the discs etc. are different. No brake-pressure-distribution-valve or stuff. At least the "new" Bands (mid 80s) got a 2-line-system with a brake booster.
The disc brakes are kind of a retrofit even for the cars, which got them out of the factory. So it's more or less Plug-n-Play to change from drums to disc with the right parts. Oftes sold as kit down here.
My Band has the discs as "upgrade" on the front axle, at the rear still with the drums. I'm thinking of changing them to discs for 2 reasons: less spares to have on stock (and in my emergency onboard kit) and after mud, it's easier to clean. The brake performance on the rear is more then sufficiant with the drums, they are huge and build for 1ton payload, where I have the small version.

Axles and diffs: I guess the diffs and most of the axles are the same. There is a full float and a semi-float version, depending on the version and the choosen upgrades. Also the full-float-axles is a common upgrade. With the full-floater the bearings, sealrings, etc. should be standard-equipment.
The ratio of the diffs are 37x10 or 37x9 depending on the engine and transmission. So pretty low already (compared to some other cars).

The gearboxes should be the same (H42), but the ratios can differ. There are versions with and without a reduction-gearbox attached.

I would try to convert to more common parts where possible, I guess you can remove the original diesel filter and install a standard-truck-cartridge. I thought about that on my old Band already.

@PEOPLES ,maybe you have the answer to this question… Do the Toyota 14B equipped Bandierantes have an electric fuel pump or…how is fuel delivered to the injection pump?

I am dealing with a wild coincidence. After changing the fuel filter…startup is slow and after it starts, the idle is way too high…around 1900 rpm and amazing amounts of white smoke and soot. Unless something odd had occurred at the exact same time, the only thing I did was install the new filter

Even in Brazil it's getting hard to see those Bandeirantes and whenever I meet some other Band on the street or (even better) somewhere on the "trilhas" (little bit Offroad), happyness comes up :)
Very rare are the pickup versions, which serve a slittle trucks (1ton payload), most of them are already gone. Those you can still see on the road, had a though life and you can tell, it's reliable vehicle.

But still we have some good online shops, which can supply some of the important things, like brakes, bearings, hubs, diff-parts, etc.

A very good one: Autopeças Toyota Bandeirante Tração mania - https://www.tracaomania.com.br/
Use it as reference, I doubt, that they will send parts to the US, sorry.

Here a IPC
Def made me feel even more special having a Cabine Dupla knowing even in Brazil the pickups are hard to come by

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom