Bacon Across America—road trip Summer ‘19 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m on the lookout for a 60 with a blown motor/smashed roof/whatever.

Bellhousing?
Tranny
Tcase
Driveshafts
Diffs
Complete knuckles
PS box
PS pump
Maybe AC parts

All of those individually would be more than a wrecked truck I bet.

@Wile E Coyote up in Kentucky had the perfect donor last week. Chad Wiley on Facebook

I’m on the lookout for a 60 with a blown motor/smashed roof/whatever.

Bellhousing?
Tranny
Tcase
Driveshafts
Diffs
Complete knuckles
PS box
PS pump
Maybe AC parts

All of those individually would be more than a wrecked truck I bet.

Bought a $500 K1500 to harvest the TBI for my replacement 5.7. Have sold $2200 worth of other parts off of it. Buying a donor vehicle can work well.

Little “body work”

Have the correct Toyota paint thanks to @J Mack

E1D1BC98-5647-4A5F-B4ED-A5192AA77712.jpeg

Just put Toyota wires, plugs, cap and stuff on her. First time ever buying OEM 😀 got a sweet Cruiser Outfitters shirt too!

.... on the old distributer cyl 3 and cyl 4 wires were swapped!?! It hauls ass now I swear! It was a quick trip in the rain with no hood on, but I swear it hit 75mph pretty damn quick. Don’t think I ever hit 75 on the way home at all. I -could- be going crazy?

Could it even have run with essentially 2 cylinders misfiring??? We were passing folks going up mountains like that!

8A7DF6AB-991C-4F88-9284-B6F58BF80625.jpeg

13A5F422-B962-4178-BC65-2B6545EC8D9F.jpeg

LOL. We had a set of those exact chairs. Bought them at Gayfer's annual warehouse sale back in something like 1990. Comfy.

We inherited some from my in laws and my parents! Lots of flex!

Wow. Surely it gets some signal swapped like that. You would have heard a 2 cylinder miss.

Right?? It stumbled 2-3 times under a hard load and downshifting coming off the interstate twice, but I thought it was a fuel issue at the time. And that was over 2,200 miles. Idles and cranked great every time.

Need to put my hood back on and drive some more. Maybe I’m crazy, but I swear the wires were wrong. Dunno.

Pulls like a freight train though!

One of the shocks broke because it was installed wrong. Looking at some Doetsch maybe. Just measure and they have about 30 different styles.

First time ever buying OEM and posting pictures of the part online.

You are well on your way to being a full-fledged member of the “TFBPPTC” now you just need a picture of a baggie with a Toyota part and factory sticker and you’ll get the decoder ring!

FYI, if you want them to teach you the secret hand shake you’ll need a picture of the ever elusive NOS ultra-hard to find Toyota part.

Easy now. The 33x10.50-15 KM3 measures out 30.5” mounted. Pass.

Check out my thread in the wheels and tire section on Steel Wheels. The 16” I just did were nice and cheap.

Of sticking with 15” wheels my Maxxis Razr 33x10.50-15 are 2 FULL inches taller than the KM3.

Deo’s 255/85-16 KM3 are proper sized so it’s not all KM3 they are too small

I recently installed a set of km3 33x10.5 on stock wheels and there is no way they measure out to 30.5”. I’ll get the camera, string and tape measure out again next time I see that rig.
F0C35826-139F-413A-836E-1FFB2D57FA8B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom