Bacon Across America—road trip Summer ‘19 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm rather partial to my 80. :meh:

I like em too. Especially when sporting a 55 body and a 100 series drivetrain.

E239C3EE-3A2E-42BF-8C47-57F0E84C9AAE.jpeg

😺

Semi-off topic.
Wanting to build a pig pin really really bad. Maybe on this piece of property. My house is an even bigger hill with no real room.
It’s about a 16* slope now with mostly small trees.
I think I could do that dirt work myself with a decent backhoe.

Scoped out the back side via power line trails. #overland #hogger #livefree #crunchybacon #mosquitobites #whereismyRTT?? #30”allterrainsbitch

0BB8457A-03AB-41DA-A8FB-EF34BBEDCB22.jpeg

86C4BF0B-AA97-44F6-83F3-AF308F94982E.jpeg

971B7A75-26D2-4F21-B8E5-D806A94912FF.jpeg

85A51B1B-5C4A-4966-9C88-993BE18A9AA3.jpeg

F175052B-696B-44CF-B317-6ADA7C958FDE.jpeg

Priority of work. Mostly on my Mondays off:

MONDAY
tires on
all new tie rod ends/steering parts
shocks on

NEXT MONDAY
60 knuckles/master cylinder/brakes

THE NEXT MONDAY
seatbelt issues
ujoints

THE NEXT
Put rear window back on track

THE NEXT MONDAY
Wire Warn lights
Move crappy lights

THE NEXT MONDAY
Back doors hinge pins
Radio

AND THE NEXT
redo winch mount

SSS’19!!

CHRISTMAS
H42/3.73/ driveshafts
Electric steering

NEXT SUMMER
2 weeks out West

SUMMER 2021
Alaska

—anyone want my 55 knuckles or old school lockout hubs?

As for the shop. Man. If there is any way to get it going at the house you can spend
Much more time there. Having it away from
The house will test even the best of women.

Why 60 knuckles?

Adjust the wiper arm on the first Monday.

Disc brakes! Fine spline outer axles too.

As for the shop. Man. If there is any way to get it going at the house you can spend
Much more time there. Having it away from

I’m torn.

It could be x2-3 as big and x10 the outside storage if away. I could still do little stuff at home, but just don’t have room for my truck, wife’s car, sons car, IRNPIG, car trailer, have a 1931 Model A in storage already, a little ski-boat/trailer to store in winter, extra axles and tires and all that crap.

It could be a cool party shack too.
It’s 8-9min from my house.

I dunno.

This has been in my family for 70 years.
This was the last pic of my mom and I before she passed. We had just repoed the Model A after someone stole it and we drove it around.

969E21DE-1C0B-4C17-B2BA-88849C68617A.jpeg

11A93D5C-8C64-4A10-8A95-78503EAC79B7.jpeg

Last edited:
Having it away from
Truer words have seldom been spoken.

When you spend the kind of shop time I do the ability to pop in the house for dinner or have the wife come out to the shop to see how it’s going is literally the difference between days to finish a project Vs weeks.

If I had to drive to my shop even a short distance I would only do a small fraction of what I currently do.

The 60 knuckles will have different tie rod ends. To stay with your new 55 TRE’s you’ll need later model steering arms. I think 79-84 FJ40 arms fit the 60 knuckles. I found a set for $100 at Classic Cruisers in Poncha Springs. That way all of my new fj55 steering components could still be used.

The 60 knuckles will have different tie rod ends. To stay with your new 55 TRE’s you’ll need later model steering arms. I think 79-84 FJ40 arms fit the 60 knuckles. I found a set for $100 at Classic Cruisers in Poncha Springs. That way all of my new fj55 steering components could still be used.

I think @cruiseroutfit has adapter bushings you can drop in there too

I’d like to retire from military 2021, take a month off, ship pig to AK, tour the state, drive it home, start new civ job. Or something similar.

Very cool!

My Dad is in Homer, he is always happy to help people find cool things to do in Alaska.

Bucket list includes Alaska and Baja in the Frankencruiser.

Disc brakes! Fine spline outer axles too.

I’m torn.

It could be x2-3 as big and x10 the outside storage if away. I could still do little stuff at home, but just don’t have room for my truck, wife’s car, sons car, IRNPIG, car trailer, have a 1931 Model A in storage already, a little ski-boat/trailer to store in winter, extra axles and tires and all that crap.

It could be a cool party shack too.
It’s 8-9min from my house.

I dunno.

This has been in my family for 70 years.
This was the last pic of my mom and I before she passed. We had just repoed the Model A after someone stole it and we drove it around.

View attachment 2025843

I feel you Brother! I have very little space at home, so most of my projects have to happen out on the driveway.
95 degrees and sunny? Check
45 degrees and crappy? Yep...
And the :princess: would rather the house not look like an auto dismantler.
Tough call!
Thank you for sharing the picture with your Mom.

I think I can squeeze in a 20’wide x29’deep at home. Make it tall with open storage and couch area on the “second floor”. Even build a deck off of it on second floor that connects to my house? Be cool.

I’m sure it can get full of stuff fast, but it’s 20’x29’ bigger than what I have currently.

....just have to get the ole lady to sign off on it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom