Bacon Across America—road trip Summer ‘19 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had the 33x10.5 TSLs on my 40 when I first got it. They wear out fast if driven on the street a lot and are loud as hell.

Awesome adventure! So much fun with your kid...when he's awake.
Sadly when I went and got my pig, I trailer'd it home from SLC. I figured it was more prudent then an adventure at the time. Now I wish I would have just gone for it. It had 33 TSL's on it lol.

It might be the first documented 3Fe/3spd combo ever.

Unless you plan on off-roading all the time, I would skip the TSL's. I just put a set of Yokohama M/T G003's on my BJ74 (thanks @wngrog for making me do that) in 255/85r16 and I think they are about the perfect size for a cruiser. I also REALLY like this tire much more than BFG's. It actually measures out to really close to a 33, as opposed the BFG's which always seem to be really small. Performance has been excellent.

Guess I’ll get some Km3s :cry:

Easy now. The 33x10.50-15 KM3 measures out 30.5” mounted. Pass.

Check out my thread in the wheels and tire section on Steel Wheels. The 16” I just did were nice and cheap.

Of sticking with 15” wheels my Maxxis Razr 33x10.50-15 are 2 FULL inches taller than the KM3.

Deo’s 255/85-16 KM3 are proper sized so it’s not all KM3 they are too small

Maxxis ordered!

Look super beefy, I’ve never had any, good sale price, and Nolan approved!

787230D3-B665-4182-8DFF-DE05CCFA39CB.jpeg

09343E36-8FC2-44FC-89EE-990A90D4BEF0.jpeg

8FEDA176-67F0-4F66-9824-CAB14125AAAA.jpeg

I guess I'm late to the tsl bashing but my pig came with 35in swampers. Pretty sure I lost a few 32nds just on the 2 hour drive home after purchase. I got tired of the noise and the involuntary lane changes when I crossed an expansion joint.

3.73s
H42
33”s
will all improve driving/RPMs
....Or H55 would be cool too $$

60 outers would be nice
.....80 axles and suspension would be amazing

Tires and tune up parts be here this weekend.
Just going to drive the s*** out of it right now.

Last edited:
I run a healthy fuel injected 2F with 4 speed and split case to 3.70 gears and I’m almost in H55 range with the RPMs.

I only trail ride the truck so no need for the low first gear.

It would be nice, but the above mods are pretty cheap in comparison.

Just fine a late 4 speed with the spacer so when you want to go H55 it’s a direct swap.

A good fresh set of front 60 discs and a rear drum snug up and you can lock em up.

Leaf springs rule. F an 80

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom