Bacon Across America—road trip Summer ‘19 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tachedoutoffroad.com
Well, Deo @cruiserjunktion finally peer pressured me enough to buy a 55. It DOES seem to be what all the badasses drive, so I’ll have to step up my game.

This is a pre-buy thread because I am prepping to get it home....

My 17 year old son River and I are flying from Birmingham, AL to Boise, ID Friday morning and then driving this 50 year old hogger home to Tuscaloosa. Hopefully cover the 2,130 miles in about 3.5 days. Well see!!

I’ve really needed to get away recently, it’s the last summer before my boy (man) graduates, and really wanted a good running 55, so Deo sent me a link to the ad, and BOOM, here we are. I have never driven cross country, much less in a mean machine like this, and it should be a trip for the history books that River and I can look back on and smile for all eternity.

The current owner has sent me a ton of pics and videos, and to seal the deal, we both happen to be Army Warrant Officers and Blackhawk pilots. This truly made me feel at ease in pulling the trigger and the commercial air tickets have been purchased!

This isn’t the exact route, but a general idea. May stay north longer before we turn south? Not sure yet.

B4DD81F4-A334-402C-99D8-384BC6244587.jpeg

CFB65CA1-3AA9-4237-BE2B-0310ED4B4876.jpeg

23ED8046-3ACB-40CB-9A4D-F34148F208CA.png

Helluva starting point...have a great trip.

Thanks fellas.

I think it’s going to be epic. I’m a little short on time off after dealing with a bunch of unfun adult stuff recently, but I am planning on making the route less interstate and stopping a lot along the way.

I forgot to ask is the cruise control, lane assist, back up camera, and A/C seats are all in working order :meh:

The Cruiser mafia is a powerful and wonderful tool... that I hope to not have to use much! Well see!!

I’ll be selling my 80 when I get home. She’s been a great one, but I need more ham and ribs in my life :pig::pig:

B8AB9570-961E-4031-BB14-00B062C14418.jpeg

No matter how the trip goes down it will be a great memory for you both I’m sure, my boy is 15 and looking at the pig party pics tonight he said “we have to go” , EFI 3f should make the miles go by easy.

Moar pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom