Axle - Gears - Lockers GX470 Upgrade Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The only wiring was for ABS. I really don’t remember if I used the original or donor wiring. My axle assembly came with everything. I think I used the donor sensors since they were newer. It all looked the same visually and I never checked part numbers.

I meant the wiring for the button at the dash and stuff. wondering how that all works, but seems pretty straight forward. the lockers seem to use the soft buttons and I thought that would require some sort of small ECU somewhere.

Mine did not have elockers, I put in air locker. All that’s in my build thread.

Too much skinny pedal and not enough gear

IMG_20201221_102041.jpg

Wow! He took all of the teeth.

Jack

I think he got rid of all of those pesky gear teeth. 😁

Jack

I did that to 1 oem 8" and 1 OEM 8" with a locker and 4.56 and went to the 9.5 and no issues since thankfully. Going to 4.88s in Q1 assuming the RCLT comes out and moving to a 37

Here is the different in size compare between the Gx 8.0 and the fj 8.2. The Gx ring is about 8 inches while the fj is about 8 and 3/16.
8.0 8.2.jpg

here is another one between the 8.0 , 8.2 and 9.5 ring
View attachment 2554053
Is there any visible or measurable difference between the 8.0 and 8.2 pinions? 3/16 of an inch doesn’t seem like enough to make a significant strength difference in the R&P between the two. I‘m assuming the major strength increase is in the third member housing/casting to prevent deflection Unless I’m missing something.

Jack

Is there any visible or measurable difference between the 8.0 and 8.2 pinions? 3/16 of an inch doesn’t seem like enough to make a significant strength difference in the R&P between the two. I‘m assuming the major strength increase is in the third member housing/casting to prevent deflection Unless I’m missing something.

Jack
That is exactly correct. The carrier casting are a lot beefier.

Does anyone know if a 200 series LC rear axle is a direct swap on a 470? Good alternative to getting a diamond axle since both are 9.5

The LC200 has 5x150 lug pattern. The gx has 6x139.7. The 100 and 80 Series has the same pattern as the GX. However both of those axle has about 8 inches offset to the right. Also all the upper control arms and lower control arms location are different. Also, abs sensor and ring tone are different style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom