Aussie Antenna (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gun Runner 5

ODD IRON OFF ROAD
SILVER Star
Threads
I see a lot of Aussie Land Cruisers running this style of antenna. Is this basically their version of a CB radio or something totally different?
148011E1-EBE2-43AB-AC6C-F0E0F8F0A5C2.jpeg

It's the oz version of GMRS we have in the the US. Limited to 5W and basically UHF CB. Being UHF it has rather limited range.

The antenna for UHF 5W are quite nutty looking given the low power. I guess they need to 'look the part' on the roobar :)

Overpriced for what it all is. Getting a HAM license and having that in a group or family group is cheaper and considerably better.

On my oz patrol I run a yaesu 7900 and have my antenna spring mounted NMO on the roof rack. With 50W and reasonable height, it makes a great base station radio when camped and don't need to stare at an antenna bouncing around in my field of vision all the time.

cheers,
george.

It's the oz version of GMRS we have in the the US. Limited to 5W and basically UHF CB. Being UHF it has rather limited range.

The antenna for UHF 5W are quite nutty looking given the low power. I guess they need to 'look the part' on the roobar :)

Overpriced for what it all is. Getting a HAM license and having that in a group or family group is cheaper and considerably better.

On my oz patrol I run a yaesu 7900 and have my antenna spring mounted NMO on the roof rack. With 50W and reasonable height, it makes a great base station radio when camped and don't need to stare at an antenna bouncing around in my field of vision all the time.

cheers,
george.
Thanks for the information.

US version:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom