April 22nd OHV Workday!! - Earth Day!!! Plus it's CRR Weekend !! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yes, it is CRR weekend but you also have an opportunity to volunteer for the NFS on Saturday morning at 9am. I know we have a lot going on with the club this weekend but if you are in the mood to volunteer, see below. It's our monthly work weekend.

-Kurt

Hi everyone – I hear a lot of you have been enjoying the “easy” Lakeview Trail and the 3 rock crawls on the trail. Thanks to CORE for purchasing the reflective tape that we’ll start using this weekend to put on the cable barricades. I’ve attached a copy of the Montgomery Herald article about the Lakeview OHV Trail Opening and Ribbon Cutting Ceremony. Thanks to Eddie LaHaye from Carolina Off Road Extremists for being there and speaking to represent CORE too. Thank you to everyone else that was able to attend the event and thank you all who have put in many hours of blood, sweat and tears on the OHV Trails over the many years to keep them open for you to ride. We appreciate the help.

Meet Brock & Kyle at Uwharrie Hunt Camp at 9 am on Saturday, April 22nd and it’s Earth Day!!! This weekend’s projects will be putting up orange diamonds and carsonites on Lakeview Trail. Including carsonites with the trail ratings for the 3 rock crawls on the trail. We’ll also have folks put up the reflective tape on the cables (top row and bottom row of cable) on Lakeview Trail. Please bring scissors or leatherman tools or other cutting tools to cut the reflective tape. The cables are pretty thin so don’t need too long of a length cut off to wrap around the cable to make it stick.

Additionally, I’d like folks to ride the trails and remove the logs and large branches/limbs, etc. that are in the trail corridors, even if they can be driven around or over. Might need sawyers for some of these logs. We need to get those removed so that the whole trail corridor is clear for the whole length of the trail so the whole trail can be used. These are 2-way traffic trails so the trail tread needs to be cleared of the woody debris on them. This also gets rid of excuses to widen the trail by going around the logs on the trails.

Also, there are several locations where new illegal routes are getting started so for now we’ll begin putting up the “No motorized vehicles beyond this point” signs instead of putting barricades up. If there is slash near those locations though I ask you to put some slash over the illegal trails behind the signs. If you don’t have any signs please slash in / over the illegal trails. You should all know what routes are on the trail system and what is not so it should be easy to know what should not be there now and block them.

As always, there is trash to be picked up and thrown away.

Thanks a lot everyone. We appreciate your help and continued support!! Please keep riding responsibly and pass the word to folks about Tread Lightly! Principles. Bye – Terry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom