Events/Trails Appalachian Rendezvous- 9/12-15 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bryanseye

Inaffective Grammer Nazi
SILVER Star
Threads
Between pit of man's fears and summit of knowledge
Website
www.upstatecruisers.com
The American Adventurist Appalachian Rendezvous will be at Shadowlands (Uhwarrie) in September. Mountain bike, paddle, off-road, or take some classes. It is not a vehicle specific event and needs some more Cruiser flavor.

50% full (or half empty to some of you).

Photo from last year’s trail ride in Big Creek.

That was one amazingly wet day, I nearly broke my leg doing recoveries there that day. But hey!!! Count me in!
My Gore-Tex Salomon boots kept my feet dry but seperated on the inside. Completely ruined. Fortunately they honored their warranty.

I'd do this

5 spots left and full schedule just posted. Several Cruisers just signed up so at least Izzy and I wont be alone.

Probably going to wheel Friday (Big Creek is the usual spot) and maybe paddle Saturday. Wanted to mountain bike but didnt spend enough saddle time with the oldest kid to think we could keep up.

Thanks to @mtnbike28 , I skipped the Big Creek trail run and had a great mountain bike ride this morning. Need to get back into doing some (any) cardio.
559603DB-28FD-4623-9DB0-C967AA73EEE3.jpeg

436B7B17-1565-4A51-AB96-568F993BDF9E.jpeg

019438C8-7E58-479A-8FE7-DBF96ED9256C.jpeg

Fajita meat and a tortilla warmer rounded out the day before the special guest presentation by Dan Grec about his Pan-American and African travels.
02F5A745-9ADD-4366-9753-A3C164E6B547.jpeg

Never updated Saturday. Did some wheeling in Big Creek and breezed through the obstacles. Got asked on a hill climb if I had lockers engaged, but since I dont have lockers it was easy to just say that is what 80's do. Good, no great, spotting and coaching by Mike from OEX.

This is the video that Jay and his students put together. Maybe we can get more of the club out next year.

Later we had the potluck and I entered my dutch oven recipe that I used at OTMT into the cookoff. It got 2nd and I got a knife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom