Anyone familiar with L.A. / Longbeach area? I'm looking for some info (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,
I'm looking for a bit of information/help on the Longbeach area so posting this in a few of the SoCal clubhouses (forgive the cross posts).

I'm in the final stages of planning my trip to south america (whoohoo) for which I am going to ship my car from California directly down to Chile and spend 6 months in the Bolivian desert and Argentinian/Chilean andes.

Later this month I need to deliver my 80 series to a warehouse/loader North of Longbeach and am a bit nervous on the area it is in. I've never been to that part of the state so not sure if this is justified or not. Are any of you familiar with the area just south of 91 and east of 710? Seems like about the boundary of Long Beach and Compton? Ok to drive an expo looking vehicle in that part of town?

Was thinking of going early morning (start of business whenever they open, probably 8 or 9) so wouldn't be hanging out there for any longer than it takes to hand over to the loaders. Then I'll be flying out later that evening from LAX.

Only other option I could think of besides driving in would be to hire a tow truck to drive it in??? But lots of hassle to do that if not necessary.

Mostly just curious if anyone has local info that may help this go more smoothly :)

Thanks!
Corey

Corey, that's an industrial area (Lakewood)
You should be fine, so as long you are there during business hours...
I would not do the tow truck as some of them could careless about your rig..

You welcome to drop me a line if you need a hand with anything... provided I'm not too busy with work...

Laters,

frank

You should be fine, just keep your head on a swivel. I wouldn't leave your vehicle unattended for any extended period of time.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll definitely try and go early so if there are any delays it won't run into the evening hours. Also don't plan on doing any stops on the way in town nor parking, and I'll for sure keep my eyes open. :)

It's an industrial area bordering on worst areas to the north and better areas in every other direction. I'd personally feel OK driving there during normal business hours. Just stay alert and don't get lost.