Anyone active on here? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'd like to see if anyone would be interested in organizing a group trip to Uwharrie this spring?

I've never been and don't have anyone to wheel with. Really wouldn't want to do it alone

I'd like to see if anyone would be interested in organizing a group trip to Uwharrie this spring?

I've never been and don't have anyone to wheel with. Really wouldn't want to do it alone
This subforum is definitely dead unfortunately. I’m hoping to tag along on some trails around north GA at some point this year before summer. Several of them drive 100s. down from back surgery most of last year and my rear pinion needs a little work before wheeling that far from home. Where are you located at?

Check this thread out. They’ve got videos and stuff on the back half of the thread.

Have to agree, this was the first place I looked but didn't see much action going on. I saw on another thread your from Pcola, same here! I got an 80 series that I'm building. There is a good FB group of Yota owners around the area that is pretty solid, FL Panhandle Offroad Toyotas. Buncha guys from Yota Mafia are also apart of it and hold open houses every few months. I've been branching out, looking at other active LC clubs myself and plan on doing some travel this year. Florida Land Cruiser Association has a pretty good presence and I'm hoping to head down to Ocala around the end of Feb to meet them.

Maybe a little far for you two, but we got this TLCA club going last year. Up to 20 something members thus far. Was spotlighted in the previous Toyota Trails.

0EB4830A-9886-4148-9D3F-1F8E295C7967.jpeg

Maybe a little far for you two, but we got this TLCA club going last year. Up to 20 something members thus far. Was spotlighted in the previous Toyota Trails.

View attachment 2545304

Looks cool, not too far for me to meet up from time to time. I actually might be going all the way to Windrock (7 hours) MLK

Have to agree, this was the first place I looked but didn't see much action going on. I saw on another thread your from Pcola, same here! I got an 80 series that I'm building. There is a good FB group of Yota owners around the area that is pretty solid, FL Panhandle Offroad Toyotas. Buncha guys from Yota Mafia are also apart of it and hold open houses every few months. I've been branching out, looking at other active LC clubs myself and plan on doing some travel this year. Florida Land Cruiser Association has a pretty good presence and I'm hoping to head down to Ocala around the end of Feb to meet them.

Is your 80 white? I think I've seen one a couple of times around. I guess I'll have to give up and join Facebook again for the groups, Instagram has all my data anyway (and is owned by facebook) so what you gonna do.

I saw a pretty big group of jeeps meeting up in Munson last weekend. I've found some semi fun trails up in Blackwater while hunting but obviously nothing real good. Some pretty trails and creek crossings up north of hwy 4 though

As usual it sounds like I’m missing out by not being a Facebook/Instagram user. Lol. My brother (85 4runner) has mentioned those open house things. I don’t think he’s ever checked one out though.

@thebeedeegee keep an eye out in that clubhouse. More than welcome to join/come check out a meeting. Like I said, we’re just getting going. You too @WhitePhoenix

Thanks for the heads up on those FB groups. I joined, but then my Facebook account was suspended LOL. I did get info on a local meetup this weekend for the FL Panhandle group , but my account was suspended before I could get the time. Are you on that group? Could you give me the details?

As usual it sounds like I’m missing out by not being a Facebook/Instagram user. Lol. My brother (85 4runner) has mentioned those open house things. I don’t think he’s ever checked one out though.

@thebeedeegee keep an eye out in that clubhouse. More than welcome to join/come check out a meeting. Like I said, we’re just getting going. You too @WhitePhoenix
I'm all for meeting new folks, a bit of a hike but I'm looking to get out and about this year. Sadly, I'm only here another year before I relocate (military life and such)

Thanks for the heads up on those FB groups. I joined, but then my Facebook account was suspended LOL. I did get info on a local meetup this weekend for the FL Panhandle group , but my account was suspended before I could get the time. Are you on that group? Could you give me the details?
Not the white one, I'm the forest green 40th Anniversary. Not my daily, my 1 day a week treat for the most part and the offroad life on some weekends. There are some decent stuff in blackwater to say but a few of us are looking to go to Bogs N Boulders hopefully with more technical stuff and longer trails. Ouch, that's strange that happened so quick. Ya the details are meetup at this point (30.7407542, -86.8241130) at 1030 on Saturday for the ride. Plan to bring lunch for a trail side meal. Some guys are camping out in the primitive spots on Fri (I would be but I gotta work later tomorrow and don't feel like freezing my ass off in the forest). Buncha folks coming from Tampa, so should be a good group of vehicles. The Yota group here is great, friendly, always wanting to help out when they can and no arrogance and such.

I'm all for meeting new folks, a bit of a hike but I'm looking to get out and about this year. Sadly, I'm only here another year before I relocate (military life and such)

Not the white one, I'm the forest green 40th Anniversary. Not my daily, my 1 day a week treat for the most part and the offroad life on some weekends. There are some decent stuff in blackwater to say but a few of us are looking to go to Bogs N Boulders hopefully with more technical stuff and longer trails. Ouch, that's strange that happened so quick. Ya the details are meetup at this point (30.7407542, -86.8241130) at 1030 on Saturday for the ride. Plan to bring lunch for a trail side meal. Some guys are camping out in the primitive spots on Fri (I would be but I gotta work later tomorrow and don't feel like freezing my ass off in the forest). Buncha folks coming from Tampa, so should be a good group of vehicles. The Yota group here is great, friendly, always wanting to help out when they can and no arrogance and such.
Is that this Saturday?

Oh and The Swamp in Sunny Hills (South of Chipley) is wayyy better for vehicles compared to Boggs. Been a few years since I’ve been to either, but Boggs sucks for full size vehicles unless you want to bury it in mud.

Yessir it is. Not sure what to expect since I've done most of the trails in blackwater. I'm mostly looking for anything more technical without the Mud... I'll P'm you guys my number.
Heck maybe I’ll show up. I’ve been all over Eglin, but never ventured into Blackwater. Eglin used to have some pretty good stuff, but trail by trail they closed it all over the years.

Forgot to mention, bring some sort of comm device (walkie talkie is what I use) that can tune into the normal walkie talkie channels if you wanna hear the banter/keep SA for when the group somehow comes to a stop. See you guys in a few hours!

Forgot to mention, bring some sort of comm device (walkie talkie is what I use) that can tune into the normal walkie talkie channels if you wanna hear the banter/keep SA for when the group somehow comes to a stop. See you guys in a few hours!

I've got some of the baofengs in yesterday. What frequency or channel do they normally use?

Glad to see some activity from this thread this year!

Originally from PCola myself and still venture down there a few times a year. Though it becomes less frequent with each kid that we have....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom