Any Portlanders have a GTurbo in their diesel cruiser? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m considering putting one on my 12HT. was wondering if anyone in the area had any experience with it. Do I have to do a full engine rebuild first? What checks do I need to make before I install? I’m not savvy enough to do it myself so I’d take it to a shop but I want to make sure everything is in order before I throw down on one.

I’m considering putting one on my 12HT. was wondering if anyone in the area had any experience with it. Do I have to do a full engine rebuild first? What checks do I need to make before I install? I’m not savvy enough to do it myself so I’d take it to a shop but I want to make sure everything is in order before I throw down on one.
Get your cooling dialed then consider an intercooler with or before the turbo install. Heat kills. Went with a PDI myself and it alone brought my EGTs down 200+ degrees easy. Think PDI is also a Gturbo reseller. Careful of air restrictions in and out. Lotsa great info in the 70 series and diesel forums here. I have their Green Grunter on order for my 1HZ now. Gturbo is waiting on backordered parts to finish assembly and test then ship. So give them plenty of lead time if you're considering it. Previous owner turbo'd mine with a mix-mash of parts and I think a Mamba turbo. This round I'm using as many OEM parts as I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom