Antenna Adapter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I recently changed out my factory non-nav radio to a Kenwood. The radio reception is terrible, even though I hardly use it. I'm sure it's because I can only plug in one antenna cable into the radio when the vehicle has two.

My question is, what adapter should I get? Also, does this have an amplified antenna and does that need power as well?

I've search the 120 forum and haven't come across the answer yet.

Yes, it's an amplified antenna. Don't know of any adapter to power it. You can get one of these Amazon adapter to connect both antenna's but without commanding power the reception will still be weak.

Yes, it's an amplified antenna. Don't know of any adapter to power it. You can get one of these Amazon adapter to connect both antenna's but without commanding power the reception will still be weak.

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

I believe one antenna is for AM and the other is for FM. You might try swapping which antenna you have connected to see if that improves anything. I can say that I used one of those 2-to-1 adapters on another vehicle that had separate, amplified AM and FM antennas, and connecting both made the reception far worse for both AM and FM signals. I ultimately kept only the FM antenna plugged in.

I believe one antenna is for AM and the other is for FM. You might try swapping which antenna you have connected to see if that improves anything. I can say that I used one of those 2-to-1 adapters on another vehicle that had separate, amplified AM and FM antennas, and connecting both made the reception far worse for both AM and FM signals. I ultimately kept only the FM antenna plugged in.
I’ll try that also. Have to remove it anyway to replace the microphone. It was defective from the factory.

Just an update. I installed the adapter mentioned and it worked! Now I have AM and FM whenever I need it, which is hardly ever. Regardless, it's there when I have to throw my phone back to the kids for some quiet time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom