Am I Nuts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:doh:

Here I am just over a year later and thinking about selling again. Just put a new OME suspension on as the old one was about 16 years old. With the current insane climb in 80 series prices I think I could get $20-25k easily for her. Thoughts from those of you that know the truck? 1994 with 261k miles.

Here I am just over a year later and thinking about selling again. Just put a new OME suspension on as the old one was about 16 years old. With the current insane climb in 80 series prices I think I could get $20-25k easily for her. Thoughts from those of you that know the truck? 1994 with 261k miles.
Wait another year and get $40k? :) They're never going to be cheaper than they are right now.

Wait another year and get $40k? :) They're never going to be cheaper than they are right now.
Maybe! With raw material and chip shortages, I've read reports of new car shortages and soaring new car pricing as well.

For sure. I just got done with a 2 year Tundra lease on a $48k 4x4 TRD sport. Buyout was 37.8+ tax, $40k with tax. Carmax offered me $45k, price on the street is $48k. It's insane.

For sure. I just got done with a 2 year Tundra lease on a $48k 4x4 TRD sport. Buyout was 37.8+ tax, $40k with tax. Carmax offered me $45k, price on the street is $48k. It's insane.
Nuts! Looking at Tacoma's. Always wanted a pick up. Used ones are going for nearly what new ones are at msrp.

Nuts! Looking at Tacoma's. Always wanted a pick up. Used ones are going for nearly what new ones are at msrp.
I'll give you the same advice I gave you last time (I think.) Get something else, but keep your LC. You'll surely regret selling it.

I'll give you the same advice I gave you last time (I think.) Get something else, but keep your LC. You'll surely regret selling it.
Can't disagree with you, but only put about 3000 miles on her this past year. She just sits in the driveway.

Can't disagree with you, but only put about 3000 miles on her this past year. She just sits in the driveway.
Plan a trip! We just did the Mojave Road over 3 days a couple months ago. Highly recommended if you haven't before. It was so nice getting the rig into the environment I built it for. :)

1621982284501.png

Plan a trip! We just did the Mojave Road over 3 days a couple months ago. Highly recommended if you haven't before. It was so nice getting the rig into the environment I built it for. :)

View attachment 2684553
I've done the Mojave road a couple of times. Did pass on the Socal TLCA group's trip to Alabama Hills this past weekend. I'm a terrible trip planner!!!

Nice trailer! Boydmick now owns the trailer I built up. Got tired of xhecking to see if every route on anybody's trips were 'trailer friendly' enough.

I've done the Mojave road a couple of times. Did pass on the Socal TLCA group's trip to Alabama Hills this past weekend. I'm a terrible trip planner!!!

Nice trailer! Boydmick now owns the trailer I built up. Got tired of xhecking to see if every route on anybody's trips were 'trailer friendly' enough.
Very cool. Well, I know I'm the only one who's replied so far, but keep it.
haha

Keep it unless you are getting a 200 (2016+). I see those as the next ones to jump in 20 years. Otherwise, If you sell your 80 you will regret it.

One question and one comment, Brent:

1) Why sell something that's (practically speaking) irreplaceable, and costs you almost nothing to keep?

2) I've owned 2 prior Land Cruisers (1983 FJ40 w/factory air & 1989 FJ62) and one solid axle mini-truckv (1984). I wish I'd never sold any of them!

Also, I had a year where I put almost 25k on my Cruiser, and less than 3K on my Cayman S. I just decided to drive the Cayman more, and I'm glad I did. Best wishes to you, whatever your decision!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom