Adventure Trailer - Market Survey (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.intechrv.com
We're in the process of developing and manufacturing a new adventure/overland style trailer. If you could, please take just a few minutes to answer the survey at the link below. Also, after completing the survey, please leave any other feedback below, we'd love to hear what the IH8MUD team thinks. Thanks!!

Need more detailed questions . I like the Bruder trailers

Need more detailed questions . I like the Bruder trailers
Bruder builds a nice trailer, but VERY expensive...thin air up there, meaning not a whole lot of buyers. We're looking at a mainstream product that appeals to not only someone who knows their overland style trailers, but not so overboard that the camper looking for an off-road style trailer wouldn't consider it. Any direct feedback you want to give us we'd love to hear it. Thanks so very much for taking the time to give us your thoughts. Thanks!!

You are not wrong about the cost but they added a single axle trailer that is in the $50k range very expensive air. but well equipped air it is. I would say look at the higher end guys for ideas. You don't have to build a copy but they have some neat ideas that may be easy to incorporate. recovery points and air tight so you avoid dirt and water intrusion

I'd need a heater more than air conditioning.

Something I'm adding into my new build are extra, quick release water and propane connections. I have propane and water in the back for my shower if I want it on my existing M-100. On my new build same in the rear with same on the side my kitchen will slide out.

Low profile roof rack with some type of channeling to add accessories. Something like 80/20. Add in what I want on sides or top. Low enough to park in garage if necessary.

Only add in AC if the buyer wants it. Heat? At least the ducting ran so it can be added in if the buyer wants it later.

Appreciating the feedback guys, some great ideas and I appreciate you filling out the survey, this is all good information for us. We're looking to create an all-aluminum frame adventure camper that will fit into a garage, very versatile so it can be easily adapted to the owners specific needs (ie, attaching gear, transporting bikes or kayaks, etc), extremely durable and off-road ready (won't shake apart), full kitchen, onboard water, etc. If you guys have any other feedback, wish list type stuff, we'd love to hear it as we're designing this product now. Thanks!!

Why aluminum? The weight advantage can be designed out, but the shorter fatigue life can't be. Electrolysis complicates the design if you use unplated steel in contact with the AL anywhere.

A couple of problems really stand out with some of the major manufacturers out there....and this is my own personal take.

A. Poorly designed awning coverage area(s)...looks to me like steady rain would ruin a camping trip...also including walls for colder tamps, privacy, and covered storage for gear

B. Relying only on a RTT for sleeping....been there, done that...nothing tops sleeping in a hard walled camper

C. Adequate lack of leveling

D. Wheels need to match tow vehicle

Just a few things....good luck in your endeavor!

A pop-top camper is a reasonable compromise to a full hard walled camper. You get most of the benefits, and few of the negatives of a tent or an all hard wall camper.

The trailer below is fitted with one jack, on the tongue. At the rear, barely visible, are a pair of adjustable supports. I put a circular bubble level on the bed supporting surface where it can be seen while manning the jack. Didn't take too many times setting it up before I got pretty fair at setting the supports to level the side to side while I used the jack to level fore/aft. Sometimes I need to unhitch to lower the tongue enough to get the supports extended to where they need to be, but that's a reasonably rare occurance.

I'm OK with the wheel bolt pattern matching the TR, but I think it borders on dangerous or is dangerous for the trailer to share tire size when the TR's tires are bigger than 31's. Much is made of 'can use the same spare' but how many have actually NEEDED to do that? At least in the continental US? OZ Outback or Africa, sure, but the TR's tires going there are likely to be a more reasonable size.

The trailer below came to us on 33-12.50's. I once towed it ~400 miles with 5 psi in those tires. You could not tell. The tires did not get warm. My fault, thumped the tire to check pressure rather than using a gauge. As I had checked & filled both tires a couple weeks earlier, and they thumped the same, I assumed that they were still at pressure. It now rolls on 31-10.50's and if I can find a narrower 15" tire roughly the same diameter I'll move to them next tire replacement. There is no way that I'd ever consider putting it on the 35's that the Blanc-Oh! rolls on. That would make it decidedly unstable. On 31's it is stable to 90 mph that I know of. Far faster than I ever need to go, towing or not.

i-Jm5wRQz-M.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom