A750F transmision conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

Found a few threads but nothing quite what Im after. Need some information on the A750F. I have an 80 series with a 1HZ id love to throw one into but currently wanting to swap one into my daily driver Isuzu Dmax. Have spent the last 2 days solid reading through threads and still unsure on a few things so forgive me for starting a new thread.

The a750F was an option in the second generation Dmax here in aus but not in the first gen like my daily. Same engine so in theory it will all bolt up fine (except the TC is on the wrong side but the A340 TC I beleive bolts up to the a750 to fix that issue). Issue is the wiring. Changing the loom over probably isnt an option. And finding a standalone ECU that doesnt cost a fortune also doesnt appear to be an option. Wholesale autos here do the ecu for this box but if I recall my conversation with them not for this engine combo (being that its not a swap anyone else would do I dont expect them to write a program just for me either).

If I went to a fully manualised shift on the A750 would I still need an TCM to control anything? Or would a basic microcomputer to activate solonoids be enough? Is a fully manualised auto still going to drive like an auto but require manual selection? or is it going to slam into gears and only work under full throttle conditions?

Am i correct in what I have found that an A340 transfer will bolt straight onto the A750? (Original vehicle has an A340 transmission option - I dont want to go that route though)

Did any vehicles in the states have a TCM that was seperate to the ECU you could feed signals into? Only vehicle I can think of over here is the 100 series or the dmax and I beleive both are controlled through the one ecu.

Is there any other standalone TCM's on the market apart from compushift?

Thanks
Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom