Builds A pig out of hand is worth 2... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Flowers, wine and a lot of fast talk! :)
That’s the voice of experience right there.

On our 7th anniversary I looked up traditional gifts...aluminum, so she got a set of mags for the family van.

We hit 20 last year so I guess I must have other redeeming qualities....

I sold my wheels and tires a while back as it seemed lame to have brand new tires wasting away. I have 3 fj60 wheels that fit but I hate the look of. I have a set of riveted steel 15” that obviously don’t fit so I need to do some wheel shopping. If I were loaded I would buy a set of the Fifteen52 Analog HDs but I’m not. On my FJ80 I bought a set of 4Runner spares. They are steel 16x7 from the 96-04 4Runners. I liked the look but I also love the stock fj55 hubcaps so I bought a wheel to see if I like the look of the round holes with caps. Here are some pics (I’ve seen what you guys do to people that don’t post pics;) ) I am thinking charcoal grey or matching the grill color for the wheels.
651FC4EA-011D-47FC-87F7-11A0FAD4AF2C.jpeg
7E69B73F-BFB7-494F-B457-AAA26A6FBE43.jpeg

They look like negative offset, yah?
As far as I can tell they are about an inch positive offset. If my thinking is correct there is more backspacing than distance to the center off the rim which means positive right? Correct me if I’m wrong.

If it’s shallower from the back edge of the wheel to the seating surface against the hub or axle, than from the front edge to the outer face of the seating surface, then it is positive. If it’s deeper on the inside, then it’s negative. Every modern vehicle runs hideously negative backspacing. Cool, old school stuff is mostly positive. OEM Cruiser stuff runs right along the jagged edge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom