Builds A pig out of hand is worth 2... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Test fit the drivetrain and everything looks reasonable. The transfer case sticks down a little far for my liking but there is not a heck of a lot of room to move it up so it'll have to do. Pulled everything out and am starting to think about how to best pull the cab...
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1453500747.976915.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1453500791.846930.jpg

That don't look bad, you're not rock crawling with it. Mine hangs down too, but with a skid plate the shopping carts will just slid under. :)

Pulling the body is fun stuff. You're cheating with the lift.

That don't look bad, you're not rock crawling with it. Mine hangs down too, but with a skid plate the shopping carts will just slid under. :)

Pulling the body is fun stuff. You're cheating with the lift.
I love your shopping cart reference. Truth is, this this going to get groceries like nobody's business! (In a few years)

check my thread for the cab swap pics- couple high lift jacks, some saw horses, a cherry picker and a piece of pipe. 2 guys can put it 4 foot up this way. a gantry crane(A-frame) would be a dream; a gantry and a cherry picker...

CHEATING

image.jpeg
Officially off the deep end! Started pulling the doors today so I can pull the cab. I really want to drive this thing again but the timeline just keeps getting pushed back...

Yeah, no turning back now! I enjoyed the time when mine was at that point, take your time and have fun.

Alright, just four more years to go and she'll be done! :)
Ron, I know you have the best intentions but that is just depressing... probably true but depressing! The only reason why i decided to go whole hog is because I had not really considered what it would mean as far as the timeline was concerned! I think I am going to go with the old contractor timeline of 2 weeks :)

Looks good doesn't it. How about those shock mounts! :) I did my 40 frame in the driveway, a lot of work.

Well a bit of a life change happening. I might not be teaching auto next year as I am trying to move to woodshop full time. Tired of working on cars! The bummer is that I will be loosing my shop, secure storage and lifts:(

Started moving all the cruiser parts home to my dilapitated old shed. Man, there are a lot of parts to an old pig!

My plan is to get the frame painted, cab rust repaired, primered and undercoated, remount the cab, stick the engine and trans, rebuild the front axel, and install front and rear axels to tow home... I need to reroof my house too...

Maybe hang in there one more year and finish the wagon before you make your move. I want to see a cool camping box come out of the wood shop! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom