A metal strip fell into oil drain in cylinder head 5L -E Prado 120 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello. Today while adjusting valve clearance a metal strip fell into the oil drain in cylinder head. Engine is 5L-E. Is it worrying or should i continue to drive. Still not started the jeep. I dont know where the strip went after falling in that hole. Will it be in the oil pan.

Hello. Today while adjusting valve clearance a metal strip fell into the oil drain in cylinder head. Engine is 5L-E. Is it worrying or should i continue to drive. Still not started the jeep. I dont know where the strip went after falling in that hole. Will it be in the oil pan.
Thats not good, the problem is you really don't know where it's gonna end up,,, so the right thing is to find it and retrieve it. Dirty Harry asked if you feel lucky, probably a good question?

You might try one of those phone borescopes to see if you can get to it?

if any consolation I chipped a flake of metal off my head in an injector port. I felt sickly in the tummy with remorse, cursed myself. I tried to suck it out, air blast it out through the removed exhaust manifold . Not sure if I ever got it all. I may have lost some compression in that cylinder. But she still runs fine 30-50k later and confident I shall get much more. At 11km/l fuel consumption, still happy.

best to get it out tho, probably the most thorough way is to remove the head which is a bigger job.

there is a youtubby of a guy kills a motor by putting sand in the cylinder

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom