8x Series V8 Swaps (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Which user? I did a search of this thread for "summit" and all I could find was people talking about summit fan shrouds.

Post #2619 by @mudgrich
It’s a Hooker manifold but the only difference between those and the Summit ones is the price and the Hooker ones have a logo on them :meh:
Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:
Got the engine bay cleaned and ready for the test fit. Unfortunately I no longer had the factory motor mounts to test fit today. With the front clip off the motor flew in with no fuss at all.
And just noticed I didn't take any after pics. So if pics or it didn't happen I have done nothing to my truck.

I’m running a 02 5.3L w/ 4L60e trans. The mounts are quality and recommend them for an easy install.
I'm running an 04 5.3 and same trans, same motor mounts too. very very happy with them

Any bolt in ls motor mounts for a 92?
Couldn't find any when I started my LS swap on a 91 FJ80 in early 2021. Not saying they aren't out there, but I couldn't find them. Weld in ones are abundant if you have access to a welder or know someone who can weld for you.

I ended up going with the ones that came with the Mark's adapter kit. They needed to be swapped left to right (LHD vs. RHD) and needed some modification to work well, so they aren't a simple solution.

Good things have been said about the Dirty Dingo mounts, but I've got no first hand experience with them.

Words of painfully gained wisdom... tack the mounts in first and then check, double check, (take a nap) and then triple check ALL clearances (including the hood to intake and accessory pulleys to frame rails) before final burn in. :bang:

Couldn't find any when I started my LS swap on a 91 FJ80 in early 2021. Not saying they aren't out there, but I couldn't find them. Weld in ones are abundant if you have access to a welder or know someone who can weld for you.

I ended up going with the ones that came with the Mark's adapter kit. They needed to be swapped left to right (LHD vs. RHD) and needed some modification to work well, so they aren't a simple solution.

Good things have been said about the Dirty Dingo mounts, but I've got no first hand experience with them.

Words of painfully gained wisdom... tack the mounts in first and then check, double check, (take a nap) and then triple check ALL clearances (including the hood to intake and accessory pulleys to frame rails) before final burn in. :bang:
Been reading my way down so many rabbit holes, just need to get to it lol. Did you mount to your crossmember to help guide engine positioning?

Also 4l80e 2wd are readily available, is there a specific year/donor I'm looking for to work with the mark adapter to hf2a?

Appreciate your time

Been reading my way down so many rabbit holes, just need to get to it lol. Did you mount to your crossmember to help guide engine positioning?

Also 4l80e 2wd are readily available, is there a specific year/donor I'm looking for to work with the mark adapter to hf2a?

Appreciate your time

Yes, started at the cross member to position everything. The Mark's adapter kept the HF2A transfer case in the OEM position, which was attractive to me. However, I utilized a 6L80E, so it may be different for the 4L trans. The guys at Mark's were very easy to deal with and super helpful in sorting everything out on the phone.

Just jump in and getting going on it. It's the single best thing I ever did to my 80. Totally transformed the truck. It's a hoot to drive now!

PM me if you have any questions.

@cruisermatt has motor mounts he makes and sells. I don't know if they bolt in but he has a lot of swap experience.

Definitely not bolt-in. But IMO they are worth the effort.

80 series mounts are not currently for sale, hopefully soon once I get my site up.

A0315B79-0456-436A-B9F0-A204A91CBB75.jpeg

69E38CDE-8DD0-4A73-9D33-3D22D72455C1.jpeg

Nice I'll keep an eye out, is there a weld in option that you would currently recommend over another? For a 1992
I used bolt in motor mounts from the landcruiser shop. I think they are up in Idaho. They were awesome and saved a ton of time mocking up.

I used bolt in motor mounts from the landcruiser shop. I think they are up in Idaho. They were awesome and saved a ton of time mocking up.

Currently out of stock, but you used these in a 91 / 92?

Users who are viewing this thread

• dhm
  • PIP
Back
Top Bottom