80 series Slinky/ICON Long Travel Suspension officially coming to the U.S.A. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's my problem. I'm running a 4" lift right now. 4" ironman coils and OME L's. I don't "hate" the setup but I know it could be better. I don't need all the other stuff that comes in the "kit". I've already corrected that other stuff. I see where you'll be selling the coils individually but don't see where I can buy the correctly valved shocks individually. So, my question is, Are you gonna sell the coils and shocks separately, or at the least in a "kit" that doesn't include that other stuff that I don't need?

Many thanks for any help.

All available individually.

We sell as kits mainly, because it removes any guess work for the end user in most cases, and even for our resellers, because you get it, bolt it in, in works. Doesn't mean someone who can use a tape measure, and work out what they need cant buy just parts ;)

Thank You for the reply's, look like the Slinkys are going to be the best suited for me.

All available individually.

We sell as kits mainly, because it removes any guess work for the end user in most cases, and even for our resellers, because you get it, bolt it in, in works. Doesn't mean someone who can use a tape measure, and work out what they need cant buy just parts ;)

That's good info Darren, parts can be bought as the duckets become more available for some of us :hillbilly:

I just got Slinkied...
Thanks Justin, it's 110° outside but I'm putting them in right now any ways.
There is a LH & RH side ruffly 15mm in free height difference. These are the front Int. 75mm lift.
20160729_154516-jpg.1298458
20160729_155835-jpg.1298459
20160729_155829-jpg.1298460
20160729_155944-jpg.1298461
20160729_155929-jpg.1298462

Last edited:
They are for the loooooooong shocks ;)

They close up for the ride height though.

20160407_114940_zps88v9sbhs.jpg

I would say, these are very long coils.
1469845413834-1602028344.jpg

They are for the loooooooong shocks ;)

They close up for the ride height though.
20160407_114940_zps88v9sbhs.jpg
So how long are the long Icons?
I have them on order, but they are not in yet.
For now I have a set of 12" Doetsch Techs that measure 28.75"ish collar to collar.
20160729_200212.jpg

With the longer DT shocks at full drop the drive shaft hit the sway bar & it groved the tube. Yes, I do have 1.25" spacers. I'm thinking the DT shocks are longer than the longer AC spec Icons which might be MY problem here.
Screenshot_2016-07-30-22-38-23.png

What size sway bar spacer blocks come with the kit?

Last edited:
I was gonna ask you a question @GW Nugget but I guarantee you will go over every little detail tomorrow, so I'll wait.

Oh, you all don't want to see all the info... do you?

I took the Lx out for a test run in my local creek bed near my house.
My brother-in-law & nephew that have never have been 4 wheelin came with me.
It was a lot of fun. Enjoy!

Smooth, stable & bottoming out is not harsh. I'm no longer afraid of 6" pot holes...
There is now way I could drive that fast through the whoops like that with my OME 851+1" spacers.

Last edited:
Haven't read through this whole thread, but are these being imported/could they be imported in a RHD configuration? Or would it just be a matter of switching the springs side to side?

I just like to go wheeling. Everytime I watch a spring or shock of drive shaft or whatever, I can look forward to a head ache and many hours in the garage.
I look forward to your future reports Gary.

Smooth, stable & bottoming out is not harsh. I'm no longer afraid of 6" pot holes...
There is now way I could drive like that with my OME 851+1" spacers.
Just wait until you get them paired with the Icon shocks. The faster you go, the smoother they are.

Love the giggle fest in the cab while you go over the whoopdidooooooos!!!

RHD is no issue as we here in Aus are RHD.

Sway bar depending on model needs 40 or 70mm spacers for our shocks.

You can run the slinky kit on a stock truck, the shocks will make all the other coils fall out at droop, and you need sway bar spacers and rear bump spacers etc to make them work as a kit.

Sway bar depending on model needs 40 or 70mm spacers for our shocks.
Geez 1.6"/40mm or 2.75"/70mm wow, that's my problem... I have 1.25".
How do I know which I need & talk to me about the thinner front sway bar from is it 91-92? Will a 91-92 US spec sway bar be thinner or do we need to get that through Redline also?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom