63 FST Tie Rod, Fuel Sending Unit, Brake and Tailight Issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not all 63s have stamped bezels. The stamped bezel was dropped sometime during the year. We have a late 63 (first digit of the VIN is 3) FJ45 non removable roof pickup with a plain bezel.

Not all 63s have stamped bezels. The stamped bezel was dropped sometime during the year. We have a late 63 (first digit of the VIN is 3) FJ45 non removable roof pickup with a plain bezel.
Does it have a centered diff?

As I recall it is not centered. I'm not at the museum today to confirm. Our 62 FJ40 is centered.

So other than the turn signals, hood and tailights, may not be too far off from original. This truck does not have the eyebolts for the door straps. What year were those on the FST 40's?

So other than the turn signals, hood and tailights, may not be too far off from original. This truck does not have the eyebolts for the door straps. What year were those on the FST 40's?
forever. my 62 has the eyebolts, roots 58 has the eyebolts.
DSC05485.JPG

does it have a hole where the eyebolt would go? or is it just an indent where a hole would be? i don't see one.

Last edited:
I'll have to check that out. I guess those eyes are another thing to put on my find and install list. The old straps are super cool looking....assuming I get some working seat belts(another item on the to do list).

The VIN is 3fj4018399 if that is helpful in judging things.

No eyebolt holes. Confusing me a bit. Also a few pictures under the hood. Anything way off base beside the battery hold down? Battery is a size 35 but can anyone tell me the "correct size" if there is such a thing? FYI, The trailer brakes were tied into the brake lines so I need to make sure that is correctly capped off. Would like to find the old metal reservoir on the clutch mc.

A84FBAAD-1F2B-4286-809A-64FDC638CF3C.jpg

8DEF1241-7301-4126-946F-F11EB304F02E.jpg

6F8D5958-DA1F-4B19-91AF-006E4797C124.jpg

4CBD07E7-2F5C-4518-A14F-7D3D212FEBF7.jpg

Saw this on eBay and it reminded me of your cruiser. The vin (3-FJ40-19821) is near yours and although there are obvious differences I thought I would point you toward the 69 photos in the ad just in case you might find something useful in them for comparison.

1964 Toyota Land Cruiser | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks for the link. I have saved some of the pics to a folder of "all things 1963" in case i ever want to restore this 40 but for now, i plan on getting it safe and driving. I saw someone else posted up a 62/63 hardtop and it is amazing all the little details that were changing while Toyota was using up the old early parts. It seems really hard to determine "original" on the 63's maybe more so than other years.
Saw this on eBay and it reminded me of your cruiser. The vin (3-FJ40-19821) is near yours and although there are obvious differences I thought I would point you toward the 69 photos in the ad just in case you might find something useful in them for comparison.

1964 Toyota Land Cruiser | eBay

View attachment 1456707

IMG_0565.JPG
IMG_0566.JPG
IMG_0567.JPG
So are these original wiper arms? If so how do the wiper blades get installed. From what I can tell 085022-???? Is the correct wiper but only if I have the original arm.

Sorry but I can't help you on where to find them. They were on the truck. Any ideas on the wiper blade that fit them or a picture of how they get installed?

I'm in Norway at the moment, otherwise I'd snap a pic of Annie's wipers. Best description I can come up with is to think of s coathanger made of flat steel. It goes through the slit and then you bens the top of the "s" over to keep it from coming off

I'm in Norway at the moment, otherwise I'd snap a pic of Annie's wipers. Best description I can come up with is to think of s coathanger made of flat steel. It goes through the slit and then you bens the top of the "s" over to keep it from coming off
Thanks for the response that explains it. I have never seen blades like this and was not sure how they would connect. Looks like the blades are still available. Guessing i will get 2-3 sets while i still can.

I have brake lights, turn lights and bib lights going. But i don't have headlights. Power to the switch and no power coming from the switch. Again, i am a novice so maybe i am just not thinking this through. Could the problem be in the switch? If so, are the switches rebuildable? If not, i guess i am looking for a used one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom