4th Annual 70 Series Meet & Greet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20180929_145444.jpg
20180929_162109.jpg
20180929_112905_HDR.jpg

On several post above I've been given credit for providing the Saturday evening meal. To be clear, the Saturday evening meal was made possible by Sam (@elkaholic), John (@jmlockwood) and I.
As with most aspects of an event like this no one person makes it happen. :)

Last edited:
Ah......well a big thanks to Sam and John.....that was really nice.

What a blast. This was easily the most fun I've ever had in my Land Cruiser. Great to put faces to names, test out the truck's capabilities, and enjoy beautiful weather and scenery! Sam lead a GREAT run Friday and Peter definitely challenged us Saturday. Hearing John's groans in front of me every time we hit a big obstacle made my day :) It's amazing what a set of mud tires and a locker will do to make the troopy MUCH more capable. I couldn't be happier with my truck's performance both on and off the road, and I enjoyed every minute hanging out with a great bunch of guys. Thank you to everyone involved!

I just got home from a 12 hour drive from my parent's farm in North Georgia, so I'm exhausted, but when I get a free minute I'll upload all the pics I have. I hope someone got my troopy climbing some of those hills and rocks. I was impressed with how easily it tackled everything I threw at it.

What a blast. This was easily the most fun I've ever had in my Land Cruiser. Great to put faces to names, test out the truck's capabilities, and enjoy beautiful weather and scenery! Sam lead a GREAT run Friday and Peter definitely challenged us Saturday. Hearing John's groans in front of me every time we hit a big obstacle made my day :) It's amazing what a set of mud tires and a locker will do to make the troopy MUCH more capable. I couldn't be happier with my truck's performance both on and off the road, and I enjoyed every minute hanging out with a great bunch of guys. Thank you to everyone involved!

I just got home from a 12 hour drive from my parent's farm in North Georgia, so I'm exhausted, but when I get a free minute I'll upload all the pics I have. I hope someone got my troopy climbing some of those hills and rocks. I was impressed with how easily it tackled everything I threw at it.
I suspect the rear locker sells will increase dramatically after the event. :)

WOW - what I missed.....again....... Hard to believe its been three years since #1 :(

Next year in Jerusalem Windrock :bounce::bounce2:
You have approximately 1 year to clear your calendar for next year's event. :)

Untitled by CA18 Sean, on Flickr

4th Annual 70 Series Meet - Windrock

Here's my photo dump from the weekend. They uploaded in all sorts of order (and they're still loading from my phone), but there's a few cool ones in there. Not nearly as many pics as I usually take, but we were pretty busy focusing! Lol. Can't wait to see some of that drone footage, that will be spectacular :)

A new view of one of my favorite 7Xs.

Looking at this photo, it occurs to me that the SE 70 event is something of a "gateway drug" for owners of other Series.

"Try it kid, you'll like it......"

Next thing you know, the guy will be ripping the body off is 80 and chopping up the frame for a 79 kit.

A hearty well done to the movers that made this happen again.

upload_2018-10-2_8-15-53.png

image.jpeg
When you have this many people discussing a river crossing strategy there is a high likelihood that something is going to go wrong. :lol:

Do we have any photos of winching the LC onto the flat bed?

I assume Nick will have drone footage but I don't recall anyone taking photos that evening.

Just be glad Sam was there to oversee the operation. If I had been in charge, the LJ70 would have rolled off the side of the mountain and the local emergency room would have full of Cruiserheads. :)

Last edited:
Haha, I see Chris's bumper endcap was still intact in that pic...

Turns out it just got pushed all the way into the bumper....the detailer said there was 1/2 a bucket of mud and dirt in that bumper tube.

Nice place to stash stuff....

20181002_143654_HDR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom